Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Baseball strike date

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Aug 16, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Really ruins the game when $hit like this happens.

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Oh well, I guess we have to find another sport to watch.

What sport should it be??

Let's ask this guy:

[​IMG]

ALL HAIL KING RICHARD!

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

All life stops for me when football comes around. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I hope they strike...forever. Baseball sucks.

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I'll stick with minor league baseball, they seem to care more about making it.

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Let em strike they just shot themselves in the foot by doing it. Remember what happened last time? I for one think they can suck it this time and will go watch somehting else. You don't See Gravity Games or X-Gamers cry and strike... I like those sports better anyhow. You can't compare running around in tight little pants in the dirt with a cute glove to someone pulling a superman trick 40 feet in the air on a dirt bike! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

If I were the owner of the team...I'd say buh bye!

If millions and millions of dollars isn't enough to sit on your ass, swing a bat, and catch a ball every so often...then maybe you're in the wrong field (pun intended)

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It's the owners though who are just as bad if not worse then the players... look how much money a ballpark pulls in over a year. Parking, tickets, food, tshirts and whatever else... so the players want a chunk of this money, but the owners say nope it's mine. So then you get this... whinney players, who want too much to plat ball, geedy owners who want to screw the public for every dime they can and keep it all. It's a lose lose situation for the public going to ball games... seems pro sports on a whole are out of control and somehthing needs to be done to make it like it used to be. A family event, not an event for whoever can pay $200 to take a couple of kids to a game... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    ... seems pro sports on a whole are out of control and somehthing needs to be done

[/ QUOTE ]
    They just DID do something!!!!!! They won't get a dime outa me !

THAT'S IT - THEY'RE OUTA HERE !!!!!!!! (me too !!!)

11. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

These fawkers are "complaining" because they are not making enough money ...Well I saw a news artical that the ave. salery has gone from like 53k to about 5.43 mil from 1976 to now....that is I think that is just plane outrageous..Screw them they can go back to being a busboy then....OR better yet they can change my oil for 5 bucks But I would have to tell them how to do that...LOL

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Why shouldn't they strike they have an orginized union and have every right to. I never hear any one complain when autoworkers or teamsters strike. So whats the diffrence. These guys are the best at what they do and make a lot of people rich at what they do not only the owners but the networks and clothing companys as well. So the next time the NFL strikes are people gonna wright them off, I dout it. Baseball player have been given a bad rap but to me they are just standing up to the owners and for their rights.

13. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Let them strike. These A holes make more money in a season than I'll make in 20 years. I'd like the whole bunch get tossed out. I know guys that are better ball players that'd play for a fraction of the money.

14. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

The differance between autoworkers andbaseball player is about 8-900 thousand dollars a year.Most of these major leage players have nothing to complain about when they are getting paid 5 million a year.INGRATES thats what they are.As far as football striking it doesnt happen in footbal 7 times or however many times baseball has had it in the last 15 years.

15. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Well, there is the increase in cost of living, and minimum wage has gone up :/