Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Basic hydroboost instalation questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Jul 1, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I want to swap my crappy ABS vacum (sp?) brake booster for a hydroboost system off of one of my CUCV's into my Burb. I'm not interested in any hydro assist steering right now so it would just be a basic install. Are there any hidden problems I need to look out for? From what I've gathered in a search, I need the booster and master cylinder, power steering pump and bracket, and the hoses to connect them. Is this it? Is it ok to sandblast everything and repaint it? Also, will the power steering pump bracket from a 6.2 L diesel work on a 350 or 454? IS the power steering pump the same? Thx

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Let me know if you find out anything... I think Steve at ORD knows about this as we spoke briefly about it at one point.. I think its common on disc brake swaps
    My 89 k30, 350 c.i. has it so I can get pics if you need them ... I also was thinking of doing this on my blazer from the military stuff ...
    keep me updated
    cam

3. camiswelding

I forgot to add make sure you look at the post about brakes (70 blazer hydroboost).. if I was computer literate I would link it for you ,,, sorry
    Excellent article in the link of that post

4. camiswelding

Im doing the conversion this week... Ill let you know if I encounter any install problems (as far as driving it it will be awhile as the blaze is undergoing just about every mod there is)
    camsk5 81 K5, 350/383 sm465 60/14bff, 205, ranger od (coming) 4 in rancho ORD flip kit ORD steering kit/reinforcement, full greasable shackles (custom bumper and rockers)when I get time to fab them..
    looking to convert to a slide in camper
    the never ending project