Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

basic newbie with some questions!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dsmd58, Nov 20, 2005.

1. dsmd58

dsmd58 1/2 ton status

Glad to be here.....so here it is....bought a 78 k10, lifted about 6" with rough country blocks (ugh) so the driveshaft angles were out of whack. The rear yoke at the tranny/t-case broke off an ear, and BOOM goes my driveshaft......

So I have a few questions....(since I am new to this truck)

1 - Is there a good company to get a front or rear driveshaft made that anyone knows of?

2 - How can I identify my T-case? 203 or 205? I want to buy the correct yoke to replace the broken one....

3 - If I do not get a custom one made, is there any quick fixes to correct the driveshaft angles? (I heard you could remove the tranny mounts, and bolt it to the crossmember, giving you a better angle for the front/rear driveshaft...true?)

Thanks!

2. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

3. dsmd58

dsmd58 1/2 ton status

Thanks! Will do.....Pete

4. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

most stuff here is pritty much just search and find, you will find 90% of what you are looking for!

a cheep way to fix your d-line angle is with some rear axle shims BUT you said you have some huge blocks, or a couple stacked on top of eachother.

best bet is remove the blocks and put a 2 inch block in and than go to

www.offroaddesign.com and get their 4 inch shackle flip kit. best thing in the world, it will help your angle as well, along with dropping the t-case

LUKE