Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

basic question about lifting...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jdoe, Jan 24, 2004.

1. jdoe

jdoe Registered Member

I want to put 33" tires on my Blazer. Do I need to lift it 4 inches, or can I get by with just a 2 inch lift? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you could get by with a 2in if it is just street driven, but if you take it offroad quite a bit i would go with a 4in

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i have no lift and 33s and dont rub with the swaybar connected, i can stuff a tire and turn the wheel and no rub.. chevy4wd used to have 2" and 33s and his rubbed.. my wheels are wider than his and have a little more backspacing too.. those are also factors to look at..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and this one.. is 4" and 33s, and no lift and 33s

[​IMG]

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have 2" on my 76 with 33's. they don't hit. i had 2" on my wifes old 87, they hit in the front when she turned. trimmed a little off the rear bottom of fender and all was good. That was with 10" aftermarket rims. If you put 33's on stock or 8" aftermarket rims they would have cleared.

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

both mine and confendnecks wheels are 10 wide /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

oh well.... my truck is more /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    its a one color brown thing, you wouldnt understand.. LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, one thing to think about is if you'll ever want to go bigger then 33's. Most of us do after a while. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif So taking that into consitteration, I would say think about getting in contact with the people at ORD about setting up a complete 4" lift for you. I really like my ORD 4" shackle flip and highly recomend it for the rear. I personally have a 6" lift, but I see alot of people running 4" lifts , and trim the fenders as needed.

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

You could also go to your local spring shop and throw your business locally. That's what I did. I have 33 12.5s on my Blazer and there was no way they were gonna fit when the truck was stock heighth. Now it's got a 4" lift and I still trimmed the back of the front fenders after we caught some real soft dirt at about 35 on a forest road. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Good luck to ya.

Allan

9. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I'll just agree with everyone else. You can fit 33's with a stock truck but it MIGHT rub. I would also go with a 4" lift because when you want to go bigger in the future you'll be able to with minimal changes. I fit 36" swampers on my rig with just a 4" lift and a little front fender trimming. I'm going up to a 6" lift now because a 4" lift is a little small for 40" Boggers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You will want to go bigger... trust us