Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BASS FISHING

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by jakeslim, Mar 7, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Whats your fave lure/bait/setup? Funny story...when I was living in California many years ago, I had bought a couple of packs f 4inch purple worms with orange tails. Well I never worked well in any environment i fished so into the bottom of the tackle box they went. When I moved out East to work for corporate america, I found these worms and fished them..and fished them..and fished them. I tell you, I have never had so many hits and catches on any other worm or bait. Not sure what happened, but I caught Largemouth, smallmouth, pickeral, bluegill, mudfish(florida trip). I fished river, lake, pond, clear , muddy, deep, shallow....go figure.

Anyways, I think I have one of these left and I have tried similar looking worms but not to the same effect.

Do you think that sitting for so long did something to the composition of them and they had a scent of some sort? Is the secret to age worms for a few years?

Just thought I'd share.

by the way, I fish mostly rubber worms and crawdads. Never had luck with spinners.

Whats your poison?

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

My favorite setup for Bass fishing is a night crawler/earth worm suspended under the water by a float/bobber/cork (whatever you want to call it. Best luck with that. Might be the lazy way to fish for bass, but I've caught my fair share using that setup. I like!

Kris

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

When I'm fishing shore I like spinnerbaits in day and buzzbaits at night. My favorite spot has lots of dead trees and bushes sticking out with lots of bass, early morning topwater works good too here !!. If I'm in a boat I like to pitch a crawdad pattern jig and pig, sometimes ble and black. I also have had success with some grape worms texas rigged at Bartlett Lake in AZ. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Whats your fave lure/bait/setup?

[/ QUOTE ]

Down home, we use something called the red stick. The game warden doesn't like it all that much, so we have to wait until he's in town having coffee with the other pigs before we can use it. Hearing protection required..........

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Ahhh yesss. The old Dupont sure shot. Works every time. I buy em by the case. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I catch most of my fish on a 4inch huskey jerk rapala black top silver bottom, and most of my bigger bass on a terminator spinner

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    terminator spinner

[/ QUOTE ]

I like those, good wire on those. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Berkley Power worms. I think I rig them up Carolina style. Always worked for me. Got to be Punkinseed colored though. The 4" are good, but the 6" will net bigger fish, just less bites over all.

9. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

early spring I use a blue/silver bomber crankbait and if nothing hits I go to a 1/4 oz rooster tail, either orange/black w/ gold blade or black/silver. If nothing I go to texas rigged zoom worms and change the colors until I get something.

So far this season, the crank baits and rooster tails have brought in the most fish. Nothing big yet but a couple of double dight fish count days!

Last season I caught:
    6lb bass on chartruse green zoom fluke worm
    4lb bass on green zoom creature bait
    4lb bass on yellow 1/4 yellow rooster tail
    3lb bass on trout 1/4 rooster tail

10. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

The bass are smarter than me. I've only ever gotten two bass. maybe thats cause I only shore fish. I just get the small sunnies, then use them as bait. the bass love em. Too bad they tend to chew them right off my line.

11. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

Here in Colroado, Ive been using Jerbaits this year with pretty good success, Have a bonafied 4lbr to show for it so far, ( thats a nice fish in colorado's short growing season) Ive also caught trout, walleye and crappie using the same technique so far, I think I'm gonna be a jerkbait fan for years to come:)
    Brett

12. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Pookster...some nice smallmouth your way. I use to hit the delaware at the PA/NJ border in my kayak and pull some very nice smallies with a 4 inch worm. Too easy.