Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bass tubes

Discussion in 'Audio' started by terrier72, Aug 27, 2005.

1. terrier72

terrier72 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about getting a set of the 10" bazooka bass tubes. Has anyone ever heard them perform. I was wondering if they were worth the money or would i be better off building a box and putting some subs in it.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The bass tubes do okay, but the box with a good quality sub will sound better.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had an amplified 10" in an integra. Did great for the price and convienence. A custom box will always be better, but for quick and easy it was nice. Look on eBay, they used to have some good deals on those.

4. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

Had a 10" Zook in a nissan hatchback years ago, had a Punch 150 driving it and it would rattle your teeth... small car though. recently I have a 6.5 Zook in the wifes Furd Ranger extracab and it adds a real nice range of bass for a daily driver, just kicks it up a notch.

Two 10s with some clean power would prolly give you alot of easy (no box to build) bass.

5. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

If you don't mind muddy and distorted bass then get some tubes. Tubes are designed to resonate at certain frequency along with it's harmonics. They don't give you a true reproduction of the lows. It's sort of like a mechanical amplifier for lows to overcome an inferrior electrical amplifier.