Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bat Problems, And I dont mean of the louisville variety

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Well so far in my house i have caught and released two bats(same one possibly)
    well went i got up at 330 this morning to go to work there was another one, i said **** it and went to work, got home tonight at a little before 8 and it was still there so i caught it and killed it. About 20 min later when i went to lock my back door there was hanging on the screen...he is caught and awaiting his demise.

Do you guys have any cheap methods of gettin rid of bats. When I was tryin to caught the big one he was seeming to challenge me, so i dont plan on screwing around.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Bat Country.....

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

The Winchester 1300 Speed Pump is coming up here next week, im gonna make a game of it :laugh:

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you obviously havea hole somwhere.. in a roof vent or a portch screen. you can buy bat repellers that are harmonic. they dont like it so they go away. i woudlnt kill them, they eat a lot of other things you like even less.
    Grant

5. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Garlic??? Holy water??

I know if you take your wife's (or yours...no judging here) pantyhose and put a golf ball in the toe and through it up in the air they attack the nylon...but they get trapped in the hose and fall to the ground with the golfball and pantyhose....don't really know how that will help..but it sure is cool!!

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I think they are either getting in the basement somewhere, or are coming in through the attic vent and going through the walls down to the basement. The pantyhose thing sounds likea good way to catch them, but im not married...and no i dont have any. ;)

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

It BAT season!!

We just had an article in our local paper this week about bats,and how they are "on the move" already--moving inside for the winter,now that the 90 degree heat is over here for the most part...unfortunately,the article deals mostly with the lack of help people can get to get rid of them from the towns "animal control officer"--they only do DOGS!--(so why not call them a "Dog Officer" or "Dog Catcher" like they used too??) :surepal: :screwy:

They only gave the usual tips,like screening off any vents,blocking holes,etc..they reccomended a "bat house" nailed to a tree nearby,to lure them away from the attic..(yeah,right! :rolleyes: )...

Only advice I can give is DONT put D-con in your attic!--my friend did in his house--the bats ate it and died way down in the walls of his house,and he had to smash holes in the plaster to retrive the corpses!--the smell of rotting bats is SO bad,he nearly had to move out!(even thought about having a tragic house fire! :whistle: )--but he was able to get them out,and eventually the smell dissapated.. :eek:

--maybe you could borrow a hawk or some other "bat predator" to get rid of them??... :crazy: I found a tennis or badmitton raquet is a good tool to "bat" the bats with if one is flying around!--and bats make good "birdies" :haha: --they work good on bumblebees too!--POING!! :haha: :haha:

8. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

sonic pest repellers and find out where they are comin in. get em at homedepot or the likes

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would just try to keep them out also. Anything to kill bugs.

10. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

eat somethin like 40x thier weight every night :eek1: thats a lot of critters

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have bats in this building sometimes and now and then one makes it down here all way from up in the attic, i am on ground(4 foot under) floor of the building and thjen theres upstairs 3 foot above ground and then theres the big attic 6 foot high in center

dead bat aint THAT bad smell, i know for a fact. heh

also have coons get in alot, they are annoying... stupid things,

and squirrels like to get in too,

and once had a HUGE honeybeee hive in a wall i had to smash out the entire wall and bomb the hive, swept up 2 or 3lbs of dead bees, scraped the hives out of the wall cavities, 16" stud centers, full of hive inbetween them, huge hives.

good luck

12. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Sounds like they're driving you batty. :haha: