Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BATTERIES getting wet...........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BAD4WD, Sep 25, 2002.

1. BAD4WD

BAD4WD Registered Member

Will 12 volt battery terminals submerge under water shortout or hurt the battery? ( like crossing a deep river or mud hole)Thanks, Dave..........

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

lol yea i hear that, ive put the handlebars underwater for about 3 seconds on my 4 wheeler, found out it floated, not gunna try that again, battery was well underwater kinda funny i know i know it is a 4 wheeler, but it still has an alternator, and a 12 volt battery, and an ignitoin, and the battery didnt short, even when i was useing my winch to pull me out of a watery mud hole, didnt short, just got strained alittle bit because i was pushing alot of mud as i was winching myself out /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif , no the battery shouldnt short out, it isnt like if you are in the shower or in a bath and you throw\drop a toaster or a dremal tool, you will short out stuff like the radio or the blower motor, and anything else like that, but the battery itself shouldnt short. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Last I recall DC has a tough time traveling through liquids without electrolytes. AKA, it likes to travel through you, and not so much through your pool.