Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Battery charging

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bear76, Oct 7, 2006.

1. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I have 2 identical batteries. Can I charge both with one charger by hooking them in paralell(sp)?

Thanks.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yup...

You can,by hooking the + and - posts together with jumper wires --make sure you don't mess up and hook + to - to + to -,or you'll get 24 volts,and it wont charge either one..also,if one battery has a dead cell,it may prevent the other one from charging too..might be best to charge each one individually...but yeah,its possible to charge both at once..

GM diesels are hooked up that way..you could use a 24 volt charger with both batteries hooked in series too..I had a forklift battery charger at the junkyard that was 24V,we used it all the time on two 12V batteries in series..:crazy:

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Our yard has golf carts in 24 and 32 volt configs... :D

4. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

It is a diesel. It won't be on the road for a while so I wanted to get one of those solar trickle chargers to use. I figured I have time for them to get fully charged and don't want to worry about changing batteries over when one is done.