Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Battery dead?? Dont ask this dude for a jump!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by diesel4me, Aug 27, 2003.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

While I was waiting for a friend to come out of a store I noticed a man standing next to his car with the hood open,and a cellphone in his ear.After a little while a man in a pickup pulls in next to him and out comes the jumper cables--as they were hooking the cables up,the guy in the car connected his end,the other driver connected his end,and just as the truck driver touched his cable there was a loud BA_-BOOM!!and a large cloud of white smoke and a few flames flared up,but it went right out--I havent seen two people jump so high in my life!!.I went over to see what happened--I asked them if the battery blew up--but both batteries looked fine,they said they didnt know what happenned--I looked at the guys car with the dead battery and I noticed he had grounded the negative cable to the aluminum pipe that goes to the a/c compressor!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.The Other guy told him not to ground it to the battery but directly to the engine!!.WHOOPS!! No more A/C for him this year!! I'm glad they werent hurt,but I must admit I laughed my arse off all the way home! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifBut I better not laugh too loud--tomorrow it might be ME with a dead battery! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Nice... Some people couldn't get a clue if you hit them in the face with it. I gave a guy a jump at school years ago, I handed him one end of the jumper cables and he hooked them up (both of them, before I had connected either one on my end), before I hooked my end up I checked his connections, he had hooked positive to negative and negative to positive. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Probably would have fried the computer on my brand new Z28 if I hadn't checked it. Then after I jumped it for him he pulled both cables off at once and tossed them on the ground next to each other, BEFORE I had disconnected either cable from my battery. Forkin' idiots... </font>

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Battery dead?? Don\'t ask this dude for a jump!!

that is why i always hook up both batteries or watch them hook theres up first /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I hook it all up myself now too, I learned my lesson. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Bring's new meaning to AC/DC /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

What he said....

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I'm glad no one was hurt but that is FUNNY! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It is amazing to realize how many people depend on their cars but don't know a thing about them. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif