Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Battery Recommendations

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Esteban86K5, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

My DD needs a new battery so I wanted to get some opinions as to what people like. It's for a street only vehicle so it doesn't have to be something that isn't going to leak in a roll over. I have an Optima for the offroad truck. I just need a good DD battery.

THANKS!!!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i like the optimas but for a street only rig id go with any dry cells like the optimas. i will never run a wet/acid battery in anything i own again. i love the fact that dry cells don't corrode the terminals like the wet/acid battery's do

3. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I've ben running the same DieHard from Sears for about 4 years now. It's held up to everything I've thrown at it. I think it was about $50.

Al

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I run an Autozone Duralast Gold 700 CCA battery. They are only about $60, and they have a good 5-year warrenty.

5. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have an Exide Orbital in my S10. That is the 2nd one. The first one was still going strong after 5 years. I replaced it with a new one and will put the 5 year old battery in the K5 as a back up.

I got Kragen to match a price from online (they match prices remember) and picked it up for something like $86.

7. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I bought a autozone duralast gold 1000ca battery... liked it so much... put one on my drivers side too:haha:
    $75 each

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have Walmart Everstart batteries in all 4 of my vehicles. Nothing but the best for me.:D
    Acually I have had good luck with them. I have had only one problem with them. I had one start to get weak this winter. It was a cheapo 29.99. that was about 3 years old. They warenteed it. and I was out the door with a new one. Another free battery from Wally world. Why pay more?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  9. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

when i needed a new battery i worked in the oilfield and knew of a industrial battery place when there and bought the same battery that goes up to the rigs in the heavy diesel generators it was a 1000cca and i got it without tax to boot too

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

All my trucks have optima's in them. My new Dodge has Interstates but that is because they are in there and they are working ok. When they go bad I will replace them with Optima Red tops.

Harley

11. Dallin

Dallin 1/2 ton status

My first choice is Optima, but I've also had good luck with Autozone Duralast Gold batteries.

12. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got two new Interstates in my Ram Cummins and have used Interstate for a long time in different equipment. Their workhorse line are excellent batteries and are perfect for an offroad truck. I like Interstates for everything.

13. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

I love optima batteries. I never had to be jump started. I currently have a Wal Mart Everstart. It is a good battery for the money.

14. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Both myself and a buddy are using the Duralast Gold batteries in our off-road trucks. A couple months ago he put his truck on it's side and had to use the winch several times (motor obviously not running) to right the truck, no issues with the batteries.

My previous set of Duralast Gold batteries lasted around 8 years in my Blazer with the last 6 being basically an off-road only truck that sat for weeks at a time and were hooked to a winch.

15. 78Buford

78Buford 1/2 ton status

Yep...I was kinda worried that they may leak a little when the truck was on it's side (about 45 minutes) but they didn't.

Roy

16. francis

francis Registered Member

I would say wal-mart. get the battery with the three year free replacment and the most cca. One way to look at it is if it goes bad in three years then go replace it but if it holds up then who cares you got a good deal and it lasted that long!!