Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Battery running down to ZERO after 2hours

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Nov 30, 2001.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I was jumping this guy off, he hooked up my neg, pos wrong and my battery blew up. DOH. Anyhow I can't get this thing to work (dang it) I bought a new alternator battery, and i still am having my battery run down in less than 30 minutes where it can't start HELP :)

How are you doing officer, I know I was doing 110, I had a foot cramp and had to stomp it out :)

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The voltage regulator may also be fried. I think 82s still had the voltage regulators seperate fron the alternator. They usually only cost around 15 to 20 dollars.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=blue>NEVADA: Where the pavement ends, and the West begins.</font color=blue>

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I've got an internal regulator in my 82. I'd expect for the diodes to be shot in the alternator. Most of the parts stores will test it for free if you can get it to them.

Smitty

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Didn't notice you mentioned you had bought a new alt. I'd still get it to a parts store and have it checked. Just because it's new doesn't really mean it works.

Smitty

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

You should never let someone else hook up anything to your truck (jumper cables, tow straps, whatever).

OK, down off the soap box [​IMG] . You said you bought a new "alternator battery". Did you mean alternator or battery? I would definitely get a new alt if you haven't already.

<font color=blue>Brilliance is like 4wd, it allows you to get stuck in a more remote location [​IMG]</font color=blue>