Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Battery Tray

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stylzz, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

Where to buy one or how to rig something because mine completely let go last night and thankfully I found it before I drove. Its funny because I had all kinds of shingles and small boards in there supporting the battery and now they are all gone. I wonder what people driving behind me were thinking seeing shingles flying out from my inner fender? 1980 K5, passenger side battery.
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Dealership has them. Or the junkyard.

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i got mine from this place http://www.cheyennepickup.com/ or look at the top of this forum at the thread titled LINK POST there are many others there /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

Thanks, I'll probably go to the dealer, cant be that much.

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I just bought mine for my 89K5 and it was almost a C note with frieght and tax--So you might want to try the salvage yards.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

7. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Please do not use junk to hold up the battery. Use a good tray with the proper bolt-down attachment. The battery is a big fire hazard and can ruin a lot of stuff under the hood if it gets loose. Even for street driving, it's very important to have it secured.

8. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

I called the dealer and the tray was $17.00 but wont be here till Thursday. Thats what you get living in a one horse town where the only parts guy at the dealership had today off and they are closed till tuesday. I dont think I need the support if its what I think it is. The piece that comes off the radiator support and also has the coolant over flow attached to it. For now I did patch it up using some plywood I had but I am not driving it except for an emergency.