Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

battery went dead!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Aug 23, 2002.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Ok I drove to work this morning and had no problems at all I went to go to lunch and the first turn of thekey the battery was dead. I have never had any problems at all with this battery since I bought it with the truck about 3/5 years ago. Does anyone have any ideas why it wnet dead Its an ac delco.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

could be any number of things could be the battery finnaly gave out could be somthing left on could be that the alternatore went out or it could be a wire shorting out

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

oh or it could be as simple as the conection is lose or bad or the battery posts need to be cleaned

4. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

Mine just up and died the other day with no warning either. Go to leave the auto parts store and nothing. Talk about a convenient coincidence.

Sorry, I'm no help as usual. Just thought I'd share. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif