Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Battling Ingrown Hairs?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 15, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Anyone know a method for battling/preventing ingrown hairs?

Last few times I have gotten tattooed I get big break outs in the affected area. Always ingrown hairs and zits. Goes away after the hair grows back and everything heals. I always thought it was the Tattoo Goo and moisturizers.

Friday I was going out with friends and my arm was looking pretty hairy so I shaved it from shoulder to knuckles(damn hair on the backside of my hand looked like a glove). Shaving makes my tattoos look better, less fuzzy. But now I've got a few more zits and ingrown hairs again. Any ideas?

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Stop shaving.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

good idea, think I will get one of the artist's girlfriend to wax my arm next time, haha

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I take it you're a hairy dude?

Every once in awhile we get you guys in the E.R. with the nasty boil/ingrown hair on your tailbone that we lance.

Talk aboot puss-city!

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

not very hairy, just hate hair. I'm on my way to becoming a hairy dude though. I constantly see new hairs popping up. Like the other day I noticed that there was a single like 1.5" long black hair next to my one shoulder tattoo. I thought it fell off of my head until I pulled on it. If I could afford to I'd probably get laser hair removal from the neck down....

Like I said, I mainly shave around my tattoos. Makes them look better for the cost of simply shaving. Shaving and moisturizing are the 2 things you can do to make a tattoo look better.

6. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

wax lol

there is this stuff called bikini zone it helps with bumps and ingrowns try that

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

my wife!

she loved getting black head and ingrowns

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

send her my way for a bit? ha. always find it strange when women like that. eh whatever, no reason to complain right?

I'm really most worried about preventing hairs. The ingrown hairs and zits don't bother me so much, its the big red spots after I defeat them. Had more than one person ask "wtf is that?" when looking at my arm and seeing the remnants of ingrown hairs.

The artist who did my forearm, his girlfriend is going from being a stripper to an Aesthetician(whatever the hell that is) and I know she has done some waxing on some of the guys from the shop, so I think that will be my next stop when some hairs grow back.

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i would think if you continualy shaved your arms every day the pores would toughen up to it and they would lessen.

Like your face, well not YOUR face (still sporting the beard?) doesent get ingrown hairs very much, at least i don't.

and yeah my wife would probably be for helping you out, she weird we will be talking and shes staring at some black head on my face.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah actually I was thinking about that, the parts of my body that I have constantly shaved for years now, very rarely get ingrown hairs. Whereas they used to very often when I started shaving them. But its just a bitch to shave my own arm, haha. The elbow and wrist aren't easy, especially since you can't see the elbow except in the mirror.

And no not sporting the beard. Got tired of the Amish comments(everyone thought they were so funny and original), so I shaved it down to just a goatee on the underside(since it doesn't grow right under my lips, haha).

[​IMG]

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

REALLY!? OH YEAH!? THEY SAID THAT!?

Hahahaha, yeah, yeah.......