Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bazooka RS10A-HP 10" Woofer - Tube

Discussion in 'Audio' started by SS66, Jun 10, 2003.

1. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Bazooka RS10A-HP 10\" Woofer - Tube

I have searched, and this subject HAS been brought up before. But, I was wondering: For those of you that have the Bazooka RS10A-HP ( seen here: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-9WllbHmaZma/ProdView.asp?s=0&cc=01&c=10&g=51000&I=204RS10AHP ) OR Any other size ""RS's"", Could you please give me your general opinion on them? I was thinking about getting two. One on top of each wheelwell. I've talked with a few people and they claim they are junk. But these people are audiophiles. Im looking for the average listeners opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Bazooka RS10A-HP 10\" Woofer - Tube

SS66,

Well I'm not the person to talk about "the average guy"....but from an economic standpoint, it sure seems like you could build a nice setup for what those tubes will cost you ($399 x 2?).

That's enough money to buy an amp and two subs and build enclosures that will integrate well into the sidepanels. I think those tubes are going to be hard to hide and are TOO tempting for theives......

Bottom line....I think for that kind of money, you can do better with a more conventional setup.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Yes. I am aware of that very valid point. I initially was going to go with infinity kappa's. But.. I dont know, the easy setup and minimal amount of space these take up is VERY tempting. I found them for $250 brand new. Ah decisions decisions

4. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

wow 399 x 2.......that's more than I have into my system and I bought my junk all retail, thouhg it was on sale. I got 2 brand new kicker 12's, in a kicker box, and a kx300.2 amp all for about 25 bucks more than you are going to pay for one of those tube jobs. seems a little pricey to me.

-Scott

5. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Nooo... I FOUND them for $250 Each, That is a 10 inch woofer with a 150 watt RMS amp built into each one. To me, $250 seems 'fair', I wouldnt even consider them for $400 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Bazookrap...what? Hell even a thief wouldnt steal em. For that price you could buy a sub and an amp, run down to your local audio contest and take home a 1st place trophy.

7. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

lol I found some Rockford Fosgate amplified tube 'things'. I may just go to China-Mart and buy the cheap PYLE Toobz for $50. Then I'll rip out the speaker and put in something worthy.

8. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i bought a pair of 10" jensen subs in a bandpass box for 100$ and a 600w 2ch amp for 77

9. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

$700 bucks(even $500)? i'd hafto agree with greg on this one, tubes will be easy to steal and not sound good. even for the "average listener" no one wants distortion, and im sorry, but they don't call them crack tubes for nuthin (well, my friends do anywho) All of the ones i've ever heard crack and rattle, and sound just terrible. my cheap @$$ home speakers (5-1/2" from philips) have more bass to them. in general, go conventional. buy two subs (even sonys will be better) and a decent amp. You'll be happier and the install will be much cleaner. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif