Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bazooka Tubes

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Impex, May 14, 2001.

1. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

anyone have used a bazooka tube or heard how they sound? I thinking about gettting one on my chevy truck to fit behind the seat. will it work behind the seat or does it need open space? The reasons that i am not going to get an amp, and boxes built with subs is because i really don't have the space. since i have my tools and jumper cables all behind my seat along with my 6x9's mounted in a box so they are not behind the seat being muffled. and i plan on buying the Bazooka RS-10A Bass Tube. Thanks guys !

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

Sound ok if you wanna save space. But I don't know anyone that had a set last longer than six months.

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

What seems to be the issue with the Bazookas? Amps burn out? Speakers blow? I've been thinking on & off about a Bazooka, now maybe I won't ...

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

4. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

Well a few of my buddies have used them and they liked them sounded good but the speakers just didn't last long so they just rep;laced them with kickers. If you wanna save space buy some blown out ones and put better speakers in them. Or buy new ones and don't use a big amp they can't handle what they say they can.

5. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

i helped a buddy of mine put a tube in his truck... ok i put it in his truck and he watched.... it sounded good... easy to install... but they are right.. you might want to just get a good sub and put it in the tube... are you looking at amplified tubes or just the tube with an external amp...

If it aint loud then turn it up!

6. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

if you get one at good guys you can get a three year warranty for like 30 bucks. it covers anything. i would recommend that for sure.

7. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

Prembird: i plan on getting one with the amp built in. So the subs that are in these things are not good and when they go you can just replace them with another one(aftermarket)? Sorry but i'm not really car audio smart

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

yes you can.. all you have to do it get the same ohm load... more then likely it will be a 4 ohm speaker that is in it.. or something like that... so if you get one just use it till the speaker gives out then replace the speaker in it...

Prembird

If it aint loud then turn it up!

9. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

In my opinion Bazooka tubes are over priced and poor performers. For the cost of an amplified 10" Bazooka tube, $300 bucks, you can build a box and buy a dang nice sub to put in it and get an amp better than the Bazooka to drive it. For example...

Box, figure 30 bucks for MDF and screws
    Sub, You can get a 12" Adire Audio Shiva for 115 (DANG nice sub, beats the crap out of alot of higher end subs that cost 3 times as much)
    Amp, Rockford 120a2's can be found for about 150, Kenwood KAC-6080S are around 150, you can find used amps with much higher power ratings for around 150 (these amps do 150x1 at 4ohm mono)

So for about 295, same as the bazooka, you get a much nicer sub, much nicer amp, and a box that is NOT made of plastic. Bazooka's are good for some. But I seriously suggest against them.

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers

10. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

ahh u wanna save space but have bass
    answer: New side panels w/ subs in them.
    Derf00 and BlazinOr hqave done them, along w/ others.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

11. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Mine won't die!!!! Had it since 1996. It's a 8" sub from Radio Shack. The only reason I bought it was a buddy gave me a 80% off deal. You can see pictures on where I put it.Click the link below....It sounds great,and hit's pretty good.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

12. aaaaggh

aaaaggh 1/2 ton status

birmingham alabama cause there no ham like birming
    i just got 2 bazooka tubes at a garage sale for $5. one is blown and thether is pretty close to blown but puts out alot of bass for $2.50. i think ill get 2 jl 's and install them in teh trunk of my moms car. i figure the tubes wouldnt take up too much grocery room and the 2 of them will sound ok and make it bearable when i have to borrow moms car. but if i hadnt seen the set of tubes for $5 i would never own a bazooka since a decent sealed box is alot better.

friends romans countrymen, lend me some parts