Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BB 05 Hotel Rooms (UPDATE 9/15/05)

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by miniwally, Jul 5, 2005.

1. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Who is planning a stay in Hotels for the weekend.

Last year I reserved like Ten rooms and put them under my AAA membership. That is good for about $10 a night less. I can't remember how many rooms it takes to get a group rate but I can check into it if there are enough interested.

Motel 6 is always decient to stay at and takes pets (last year they did at least) if you bring them along.

I am to busy for the next two weeks to do anything with this but will call towards the middle of July to reserve rooms for the ORD group so I can get others if needed.

Post up if you want to try to get rooms together.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think I may go hotel this year... 03 wasn't too bad at camp because alot of people stayed there, last year there wasn't near as many people at the campground, most were scattered in different hotels. It would be kind of nice to have a shower with functional hot water and a bed without rocks under it :D

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I'm going to stay at a hotel but not sure which one. Leaning toward La Quinta.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info jms. Guess no matter where I stay I'll be hanging out in the 6 parking lot! :D

5. miniwally

Last year I could not get enough people to stay at the 6 so we could only use the AAA discount.
    I am hoping that enough will want to stay this year and I can get us the better discount.

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Sign me up!

7. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

We're planning to stay at Motel 6. I was just wondering if we needed to be thinking about reservations yet.

8. miniwally

I plan to make reservations for the ORD crew and who ever else posts up sometime towards the end of this week.

I will ask how many rooms are needed to get a discount and block that many. I can always call and tell them fewer rooms we will just loose the group discount.

9. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Could you post a price qoute you got? I wonder if they give military discounts......I guess I could just call them, but if you already know then it would be appreciated :whistle: :thumb:

10. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I should be staying at the 6 again. It might be tough for me to show up this year if I don't find any help at work.
    I'm down to just my son and me.
    Put me down and if something happens, I will let you know.

11. mrk5

So did you make any reservations? How do we get our rooms? Go through you?

12. miniwally

I am looking into the cheapest price for the rooms. I am finding that the cheapest price may well be for each person to reserve their own room over the internet.

I will try to have info ASAP but work just blew up in my face so I got to go.

13. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

hey Branden, i did a little checking today just a hunch. and it turns out the girl that manages the moab valley inn is on my softball team. so she is checking on rates she said she knows she can get rooms for atleast 65.00 per night and maby even a litle less i will find out tommorw.not sure what other motels are quoting you but that dosn't sound to high. they have all that paved parking in the back and also ties into canyonlands camp park so the guys camping and the guys in rooms will be some what in the same place. just a thought. i am also checking on rates in the camp park i will post thoose tomorw also.

14. miniwally

Thanks Dirk.
    That sounds a bit less than the Motel 6 is going. I found that it is in fact cheaper for everyone to make their own reservation on the internet site than to do a group reservation. The group rate was 75.00 the first night and 85 the next two nights.
    The "individual net rate" is 68.00 the first night and 77.00 the next two at the Motel 6.

I guess I will wait to hear from you for the rest of the details.

15. mrk5

Yeah, let us know

TIA

16. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

Spoke With Moab Valley Inn And Got Her Down To 62.00 A Night Ariving On 9/30, Departing On 10/04 That Includes Brekfast (contnental) She Also Said Late Nights In The Parking Lot Will Not Be A Problem. They Do Need A 500.00 No Refundable Deposit To Block Out As Many As 20 Rooms She Also Said The We Need To Get It Done Soon Becouse Rooms For Those Dates Are Going Fast. If You Have Any Questions Call And Talk To Willie @ 435-259-4419 Make Sure You Tell Her It Is Concerning The Rooms I Have Spooke With Her About Or Just Let Me Now I I Can Take Care Of It From Here.

17. miniwally

This sounds good to me. I can reserve rooms and try to figure out how to do the 5bills for a deposit.

I just need to know how many want rooms. I think I could safely get 10 rooms reserved.

I know that if the full ORD crew goes with significant others we will need 4-5 rooms or more.
    I think that we need mrk5, jms?, willyswanter?, stormtrooper?, stallion85, skigirl? maybe a few more.

10 rooms will have us at 1 room less than what the list above shows. I don't know how many ORD people will be staying in hotels.

Please post up or PM me if you want a room. I don't want to get stuck with the deposit.

18. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

miniwally - thanks for your efforts. But I already reserved a room at the motel 8. I wanted a suite with a fridge. Yes. I'm spoiled beyond all belief :p:

19. miniwally

I see how you are.
    I don't know you well enough to say my normal response to such behavior but I have very good responses to that sort of wimpyness. LOL

20. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

:haha: Yep. Big ole wimp. Absolutely. That's me. I revel in my wimpyness. I relish soft beds, jacuzzi tubs, refrigerators full of bubbly. Now THAT's camping. :haha: :haha: :haha:

However, that said - jms, looks like Moab Valley has what I need (well, except for the cute guy that peels grapes for me), so I'll cancel the motel 8 and go in with you guys!! Now, what's up with the $500 unrefundable deposit? Is it applied to all our rooms? It should be applied to the rooms of whoever pays it. At $62 a night (let's say with 10% taxes), that's $68 a night, for 5 nights = $340. If we're assured that the deposit is applied to specified rooms, then I'd be happy to go in for as much as needed to cover my room.

Is everyone staying until Tuesday?