Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BB & ORD Crossmember?s

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OLD DAWG, Sep 29, 2006.

1. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Has anyone out there went with an ORD engine cross member in their BB swap? After looking at multiple crossmembers and finding them either cracked, twisted, or some combo of the two I finally gave up and got a hold of Stephen and had him send me one of his:crazy: . I figured if a 73-87 would work so should ORDs. My question is, if someone has used this setup do any of the stock holes in the bottom of the frame get used and which ones? If not once I get it done I'll post up on what all was involved. Thanks, OLD DAWG

2. chevyguybc

chevyguybc 1/2 ton status

im going to build a custom one for my truck at work pretty soon, Build it in a jig and basically start from scratch.

I am also going to re do the tcase crossmember as well with a built in driveshaft loop

do you have any pics of custom crossmembers

3. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

The crossmember I'm going to use is just one of ORD's standard high clearance ones with DIY4X HD mounts.

4. chevyguybc

chevyguybc 1/2 ton status

oh yah, I can build what they advertise at my work, So i figure Ill learn and safe some shipping, haha and cash too, thats for sure...

ill check into diy4x mounts, thanks