Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BB'02 requirements etc. ??

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by jms, Jul 26, 2002.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

BB\'02 requirements etc. ??

I've never been to an organized trail ride, and I have a few (probably stupid) questions:

What (if any) are the requirements to participate in BB'02 runs? I'd suppose it'd be something along the lines of: working CB radio; spare tire of proper size; working jack; tow strap; first aid kit; fire extinguisher; drinking water; what else? Is there going to be a tech inspection?

I'd appreciate it if someone (hint, hint /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ) could post a list of rules for BB'02 (read: hold-harmless agreement for CK5) and a checklist of equipment requirements to participate in BB'02 runs.

Don't mean to make more work for CK5, just want to make sure I have all the necessary stuff together when I hit the road. Thanks, michael

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: BB\'02 requirements etc. ??

How about a ColoradoK5.com sticker on your windshield /forums/images/icons/grin.gif That and a positive attitued is all you need /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. jms

ColoradoK5.com sticker.........check /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    positive attitude....................check /forums/images/icons/smile.gif (I'm so positive I plan to be there two days early /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif )

Seriously: What else?

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I don't know/think there is anymore.
    When it comes time to wheel I would guess it's a freeforall. Meaning that not eveyone is gonna beable to wheel with everyone. It would take a whole day to just do one obstical let alone a whole trail. I am guessing though!
    I think on Friday we will do the meet and greet BBQ thing and get a good idea of what rigs will run together. Obviously only a hand full of rigs will beable to follow the Steve Watsons of the group.
    Just my look at it.
    This is also gonna be my biggest run ever so we shal see..... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Check the thread in this area called "Moab heat no joke...."

That will give you a few warnings about what you're up against.....it sounds like even a vehicle that's never had a overheating problem will have one there....so be prepared!

My truck seems to overheat at the local trails, so I really need to get some things sorted out first.

Beyond that....make sure you have good recovery points, front and rear, and maybe a few sensible spares (tire, u-joints, fire extinguisher, etc) There are going to be LOTS of folks with winches and tow straps and tools, so that's where the CK5 community really shines....... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting

Try to think of it this way. If you spent a lot of time fixing up your truck to make it somewhat unbreakable and you went wheeling with a bunch of stock heeps that broke over every pebble in the trail or someone that had no spare parts. Wheeling wouldn't be much fun. You would get a few miles into a trail and need to head out because you ran out of time /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . Hey wait, I just did that a couple of weekends ago....hehe.
    Anyway, I'm one of those guys that will not leave <font color="red"> anyone </font color> on the trail without fixing them to get them out or dragging them but you get the point. Be perpaired like you would want someone else to do. This is not to say that you will or can have everything but it's nice to try to have most and a truck that doesn't break down all the time. Everyone should go through there truck like they where going out in the wilderness without any help so if they break, it would be a long walk out. We all want to wheel, not just fix trucks. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. jms

Maybe I put this the wrong way. It's not about how to prepare MY truck. My truck will be prepared as best as I can do that. I know about being alone in the desert for a few days where you're about 50 miles from civilization most of the time.

What I was wondering about was if there are requirements from the official organizer(s) of the event. Usually, if you run a show like that, there are responsibilities and liabilities involved, and certain rules and requirements may have to be established, e.g. for liability reasons. I'm not saying BB'02 needs that; all I wanted to know was whether there are such official rules and requirements. Fine by me if that's not the case, I'm easy.

BTW: It'll be nice to meet y'all at camp in the evenings; when I look at the list of participants, I'm going to be the only one on the easy stuff - that's how I usually avoid breaking the truck /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting

Oh! sorry....
    Never seen CK5 do anything like that.
    I think the only requirement is the CK5 sticker! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Sorry but I hate rules /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Common cense is good though.
    I will sign a form anytime that says I will not hold CK5 or anyone involved responsible for a dam thing. If anyone comes to this, they should only be responsible for thereself.
    I think one word should say it all, <font color="blue"> "BASH !!!!" </font color> /forums/images/icons/grin.gif