Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BB03 Wishful thinking...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, Sep 26, 2003.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok, I need a 14 bolt gear install kit by Monday /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Any ideas? I'm going to try the dealer tomorrow morning to see if they have all the bearings and crush sleeve then I can hit some auto parts stores for marking compound...

Any other ideas? Do normal auto parts stores sell this kinda stuff? I know most if it's something they carry but don't have in stock can get it within a day but not sure if they even carry this kind of stuff /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Also need to get a ram from WTO here by then to... Argh why didn't I decide that I was going to try and go to BB03 last week??? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

cause you never decide important stuff till the last minute, wish I could go, damn east coast, ha. And I'd have to agree its a they carry it but don't stock it kind of thing.

3. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

You can get the ram like the red 2in on that you see in the redneck ram install tech artical it is made buy cheif tat any tractor supply place and it will coast you abought 60 and if you need the lines they are abought 15 to 25 each depending on size and you should be able to get any shop make the brakets for you. the steering box is a total difrent story you can drill and tapit your self if you have the correct tap.

4. willyswanter

Oh, I already have the WTO kit installed and working. I just slammed my ram into a rock and the front seal leaks. I am supposed to send it back to WTO and he's getting me another one but I didn't know I wanted to go to BB03 till tonight so I think I'll have to have Matt next day air the ram out on monday so I get it by Tuesday... Hopefully.. I need a 1.5 ram to.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wish we could get the stuff at Autozone, but we just don't have a vendor that carries rearend parts at all. I've asked three different store managers and got the same response from all of them.

6. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

UPS picks up overnight on Saturday. You could have it Monday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

The dealer should have the bearings. If its a good parts department they will have the Crush Sleeve. If they dont have it I think Crest Chevrolet down here in San Bernadino may have them.

8. willyswanter

I've bought the pilot bearings and crush sleeves at the dealer here before so I'm pretty sure they will have the others... I have a new pilot bearing and pinion seal, just need the other 2 pinion bearings and the crush sleeve and I'll be set. There open till noon tomorrow so we shall see...

9. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

if u want to drive to the valley, i know two shops that would carry it...

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hee Hee.....

This sounds a little like my "Where can I find 35-spline Warn Premiums in One Day" post from last year????

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boy, I'll tell ya the only helpful information at a time like that is someone at a parts house saying "I am actually holding the part IN MY HAND....it's right here, come and get it"!!!!

So much time gets wasted tracking down leads that don't pan out.... I still can't believe DynaTrac (of all places) had the hubs I needed IN STOCK, and cheaper than anyone else!!!!

If it wasn't for the UPS overnight shipping, it would have been a screaming deal......

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've bought the pilot bearings and crush sleeves at the dealer here before so I'm pretty sure they will have the others... I have a new pilot bearing and pinion seal, just need the other 2 pinion bearings and the crush sleeve and I'll be set. There open till noon tomorrow so we shall see...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost positive the dealer I work at has the pinion bearings in stock. We are about 2 hours away from Bakersfield though. If you want the Phone # its (760)955-8200

12. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Any luck?

13. willyswanter

Got the pinion bearings. going to try them tomorrow. If it's the carrier bearings making the noise then I'll pick them up Monday and do the swap. Didn't want to buy all of them if I didn't have to...