Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BBB Members????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Apr 28, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ive been contemplating on signing up with the BBB , anyone here have any feedback or experiance with them? :)

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My Dad's business is a member. Gives people some comfort when dealing with him that there has never been a real complaint in 30 years of business.

3. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It is a good organization. The shop I worked at for about 15yrs was a member for about the last seven years that I was there. The owner resisted for awhile, but after joining he was very glad he did. It is actually pretty cool. Among other things, they act as a moderator of disputes/problems. Say a customer calls them with a BS complaint. They call you, you tell them your side of the story and what you have done to rectify the situation. This will usually apppease them and they will note in your history that you sufficiently handled the situation (even if the customer doesn't think so). These notes are what constitute your "rating" with the BBB, i.e. Perf Plumbing has five registered complaints all of which were handled in a satifactory manner. This isn't the exact terminology they use, but it gives you an idea of how they do their thing. Now, if you ignore the BBB request for information pertaining to a problem, it becomes a bad mark against your organiztion, which is a bad thing. You do not want any "did not respond" marks on your record with them. The BBB here has some good people who realize some people just want something for nothing but won't just roll over for them and it allows you to remain in the right without losing a good reputation. I would recommend them to most anybody in the service industry just for that reason.

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

That sounds like a good deal, i know you have to "sign up" with them ,, but can you " cancel if you dont like it? I wont have a problem either way, because i always make right whatever needs to be made right. :)

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah, you can cancel with them, but I don't think you will want to. I don't know if you can cancel mid-year, but you renew each year so if you don't want it you can just not renew.