Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BBC 049 heads?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Glazier, Jan 18, 2006.

1. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Anyone know if these heads will fit on a '93 block?:1zhelp:
    Thks
    Joe

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I think that a 93 is a mark V block. If that is so, then its doubtful. Some blocks you can put mark IV heads onto a mark V, but usually the coolant will leak into the lifter valley. To tell if its a mark V block, look at the coolant holes in the block, where the head would bolt up. If they are round, its a mark IV, if they are kind of kidney shaped, its a mark V.

3. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Thanks K20. I hav'nt pulled the heads yet, but will do that and check. Even if they do work, still not too sure whether I'll use them on the build-up. I'm thinking port & polish, cam. Would like to bring the HP up to about 400.
    Anyone got any info on how to get 400 horses out of a '93 block without spending more than 2g's.
    Joe

4. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

Looking on Mortec, it looks like you got a MK-V block. If I recall the mark V block does not have a casting for a mechanical fuel pump, electric only. But why a 049 casting anyways? 781's have a smaller chamber and bigger valves.