Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BBC alternator brackets

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77crewcab, Aug 18, 2005.

1. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Any one know where I can get factory style alt bracket set including bolts and spacer or individual pieces like the bolts and spacer. I have the top mount but am missing the bottom mount and spacer and the bolts to mount the alt with are FUBAR. All I can find is the top and bottom mount but no spacer or bolts. There were some on ebay a while back but no longer. Also could someone post or email pics of the factory ac brackets that connect to the compressor itself. Mine look factory with an extension piece added to space the compressor out some. Just want to see how the mounts on the sompressor are supposed to look.

2. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

Your looking too hard. The spacer and bolt are the same as the ones on a small block.

3. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

So I should be able to get them off any small block in a salvage yard? If I can't find them where could I buy them Summit, Jegs?

4. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

salvage yard.

5. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Thanks I have been going nuts trying to find that spacer and correct bolts, didn't know they were the same. By any chance is the top mount braket the same too, the one with the adjusting slot that mounts to the intake and water pump?

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The top mount and lower front triangular brackets are different. Like Thor said the spacer and bolts are the same as an sbc. I would hit Ebay if you can't find a salvage donor, there's lots of brackets on Ebay.