Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bbc exaust questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, May 2, 2005.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

i currently have an 84 blazer with a 350 in it...... i also have an 84 shortbox that i am building up.....my questions is i have a 396 that i was gonna put in the shortbox but i cant do that until this winter........the shortbox is setup for headers and the blazer has exaust manifolds going into 2-1/4 exaust.....can i get some bbc exaust manifolds and have them bolt up to the existing exaust???? i know that diesels and the sbc are the same but are the bbc the same too??? i will be putting a sbc back into it when i am ready to stick the bigblock into my shortbox with headers.....also if this will all work will 2wd bbc manifolds work in my 4wd??? not sure if they are the same

2. bigbadchev84

somebody has to have an answer for me

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

If I'm understanding your question correctly, no the big block manifolds are all together different than the small block stuff.

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

yeah its different, a small block has the middle ones real close so it almost looks like a v6, the big blocks are farther apart

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I believe he just wants to use the BB manifolds to bolt to his existing exhaust pipes. In that case, maybe. They BB exhaust manifold won't go down near as far as the headers do. Might be able to have some small pieces made that will adapt the manifolds to the existing pipes. If you can get it to an exhaust shop it would be easier for them to just reuse your mufflers and let them start fresh

6. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

manifold to manifold, the position of the pipe is the same, but the diameter at the "donut" is wrong

7. bigbadchev84

thats what i was wanting to know, i currently have a sbc in the blazer now with manifolds..... i was wanting to drop in the bbc with some manifolds so i could just bolt the sbc manifolds back up when i change it back to a sbc this winter.....i currently have no cats on it so the exaust shops wont touch it unless i let them make it legal..... is there anything i can do to fix the donut problem????