Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BBC - Global Warming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84k5, Mar 11, 2007.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good vid... I wonder if the rest of the BBC knows what the guy who made this footage is up to. C'mon now.. the BBC is a big part of the propaganda problem!

:thumb:

j

3. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

yep global warming is fake :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. jekbrown

the fact that temperatures are rising isn't fake... what is fake is the idea that co2 from man is causing it... and that this change is catastrophic.

j

5. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Didn't watch much of the video did ya?:haha:

6. jekbrown

yeah, they get to him about 30-40 mins in...

j

7. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

haha no i didnt watch more than 1 min of it but my statement still stands:D

8. jekbrown

no need to describe your ideology on the issue. "I believe it and you should to... here is zero evidence to prove it!" pretty much covers it. :rolleyes:

Some day, 40 years from now... when the world hasn't ended... and its not 98 degrees in Greenland... remember this post... and how dumb you were.

j

9. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

im not describing my ideology on it, im just saying that i have seen enough to believe in global warming

10. jekbrown

Global Warming is a scientific theory. Science has nothing to do with 'believing' anything. Science is ONLY about what you can prove... and no one has proven anything with respect to the man-caused global warming theory. Clearly you are not a scientist. The video points out that global warming has turned into a religon... where you don't need proof, you just need to "believe"... talk about hitting the nail on the head. You really should watch the video... it covers all of your issues. lol!

it was warmer... MUCH warmer a few thousand years ago than it is now... and there were no cars or planes or anything else that cranks out CO2 to make it hot. Explain. See the problem here?

j

11. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

ha so they havent proven that these are the highest co2 levels ever?

12. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

or maybe if we cant prove anything, it cant ever happen, that makes sence

13. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Dude, watch the video.;)

14. jekbrown

no... but they have proven that CO2 levels have been MUCH higher. Does that help?

j

15. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well worth the 86 minutes of my life to finally see some common sense and decent science. i snickered when they showed a small clip of "An inconvenient truth" where Gore is showing the corrolary (sp?) between CO2 and temps. They then show us what Gore didn't...that CO2 levels were following temp changes, not leading them. :laugh:

Man made climate change = junk science + political funding agendas.

Rene

16. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Excellent point.

Here in Idaho, we have a beautiful lake, Lake Pend Oreille, that was formed well over 10,000 years ago from North America's 'Ice Age' glaciers ( It is strongly believed that our ice age glaciers started in upstate NY, came down and carved the MidWest (Bubbaland!), and then went NW and ended where Lake Pend Oreille is now).
    The lake used to extend all the way to Missoula, MT and is very, very deep (approx. 2000ft in one area).
    What we have now (the lake) is what's left after the glaciers MELTED approx. 10,000 years ago. There is no glacier there now!
    I ask my liberal friends at work, "Has anyone found any SUV's dating back to 10,000 years????"

I believe the earth is might be warming, but it's not because of anything we humans have done. There is no direct proof or evidence!
    What we do know is that the earth cools (Ice Age) and warms (Most N. American glaciers melt). The industrial revolution didn't happen until approx. 1900 (When Henry Ford introduced mass production).

Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines was my first lesson on how ONE volcano can change the earths' weather pattern (it altered it for approx. 2.5 years!!). How many volcano's go off each day around the world large and small?

Greenland, that is now full of snow/ice, used to be green!! And Iceland, now green(er), used to be covered in ice/snow!!

And finally, I'm old enough to remember the 'Ice Age/Global Cooling' scare of the '70s. Although they (The pinkos) didn't have the multi-media that they have now, they were still able to spew their propaganda non-the-less.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  17. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Excellent point.

Here in Idaho, we have a beautiful lake, Lake Pend Oreille, that was formed well over 10,000 years ago from North America's 'Ice Age' glaciers ( It is strongly believed that our ice age glaciers started in upstate NY, came down and carved the Mid West, and then went NW and ended where Lake Pend Oreille is now).
    The lake used to extend all the way to Missoula, MT and is very, very deep (approx. 2000ft in one area).
    What we have now (the lake) is what's left after the glaciers MELTED approx. 10,000 years ago. There is no glacier there now!
    I ask my liberal friends at work, "Has anyone found any SUV's dating back to 10,000 years????"

I believe the earth is might be warming, but it's not because of anything we humans have done. There is no direct proof or evidence!
    What we do know is that the earth cools (Ice Age) and warms (Most N. American glaciers melt). The industrial revolution didn't happen until approx. 1900 (When Henry Ford introduced mass production).

Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines was my first lesson on how ONE volcano can change the earths' weather pattern (it altered it for approx. 2.5 years!!). How many volcano's go off each day around the world large and small?

Greenland, that is now full of snow/ice, used to be green!! And Iceland, now green(er), used to be covered in ice/snow!!

And finally, I'm old enough to remember the 'Ice Age/Global Cooling' scare of the '70s. Although they (The pinkos) didn't have the multi-media that they have now, they were still able to spew their propaganda non-the-less.

18. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think the CBC needs to play this documentary to "be fair"

Watch how many of their global warming cult start thinking for themselves, and bail off the global warming band wagon...

19. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Obviously, this proves nothing, but it's pretty funny.:haha:

20. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

After that Blizzard that began in the end of Febuary this year, Im not to damn worried about global warming...course after tonight like half of the snow is already gone, lol. I think its more a Iowa weather thing then global warming though.