Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BBC intake ?s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77crewcab, Jul 5, 2006.

1. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Okay I am looking for a new intake and cam for my 454. It is going in a crewcab for DD and tow purposes. I currently have an old Edelbrock smog era intake, the only thing wrong with it is the carb mounting holes are stripped/drilled straight through. So I figure instead of repairing it I would look at getting a new intake. But all I ever hear about is the Edelbrock performer. I know there are others like Weiand Stealth, and Action Plus, and Holleys and even the new Professional Products. So my question is what should I look for and how do I choose the right one for my needs. More info:

454 .030 over
    9.5 compression
    781 heads 118cc
    Qjet
    Cam will be either:
    208/218 @.050
    .475/.500 lift
    112 duration
    or
    218/228 @.050
    .500/.500 lift
    112 duration

or something similar in profile (I haven't chosen a cam but will pick one for low end and towing similar to these two grinds)

Any input is appreciated!

2. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Well one things for sure, you can probably never really go wrong with a edelbrock intake for your application. I personally have a holley intake but that was because it had bigger bores to match the high flow tbi thats on there. I had a similar plan for my crew cab, little RV/tow cam, edelbrock dual plane intake and a good set of headers. That would make it run real nice.

3. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Well Edelbrock does seem to be the standard option and actually the one I am leaning towards. but mainly because I never hear much about the others like Holley and Weiand. Anybody using something other than Edelbrock on a tow rig?