Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BBC Push Rod locations

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SkyScraper, Jun 25, 2003.

1. SkyScraper

SkyScraper Registered Member

Hello all,

OK, I know someone out here has the answer for my stupidity. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I have a 427 BBC and I have been rebuilding it for awhile now. I stopped last fall because of winter, plus becaue I couldn't afford new push rods at the time. Now quite a few months later, I have the time plus I have the new push rods to install into my BBC. Only problem is, I forgot which length (long or short) is for the exhaust and intake side.

Any ideas before I install them into the wrong slot and bend a rod? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Thanks,
    Scott

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

been awhile for me too...but I think the long is the intake cause its up higher in the heads...

3. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

My 454 would only go together one way. The short rod was way too short for the long side. I do think the previous post was correct and the intake uses the long rod.
    Mike