Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BBC suplemental lifter oiler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K1Orion, Nov 18, 2003.

1. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I remember hearing that BB are bad about eating cam lobes. Any body got any experience with this problem?

I have seen pics of some kind of oiler for the lifters that bolts in the lifter valley. Does this solve the problem or is it a band-aid fix? Where should I look fro one of these or find out more?
    I looked in Summit and PAW and didn't find anything.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

After reading that article a few years ago I built my own using plumbing fittings from home depot and a brake line bender for about 8 bucks...

4. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

HarryH3 thanx for the link /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Willyswanter, where did you drill the holes in the tube? I guess you would put one hole above each pair of lifters?
    Did you drill the hole in the front of the block to oil the timing gear like they recomend? Is a high pressure pump necesary or are they talking about a high volume pump?/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm definitely going to do this. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Seems like cheap insurance. And I like $$CHEAP $$ /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I would want a hole directly above each cam lobe. You can see them very well just looking down through the oil drainback slots. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif