Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bbc update and a few ideas

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by steve_kibbe, Feb 24, 2005.

1. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Update on my bbc, saving up and trying to descide on what bottom end to use. Go back stock with hypertec pistons, stock crank and rods and forged pistons, or stroke it out with forged pistons, crank, and rods...........

We'll have to see what my bank account looks like:o

I'm also kicking around a few ideas as to what I'm gunna do with my blazer. I love the first gens and don't want to make a hardcore trail rig out of it. But at the same time I plan on off roading it. This brings me to the point of getting y'alls opinion. Do you think I should try to get the body as good as I can? I have a dana 44 up front right now and 38's. Should I go with a 37" tire so the tires stay out of the fenders? I've also been looking at the 17 and 18 inch wheels, maybe a little bling factor......It has 8 inches of lift in the front and a block and add a leafs in the back. I have 4" rear springs and a ord shackle flip to install. Then since I'm going BBC I might do a body lift to help with firewall cleasance........

And the list goes on. I hope some of you read this, sorry for the length. Just need some suggestions.

Thanks in advance:D

Steve

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

For me I would stick with a mild build up on your BBC. I don't think strokeing a BBC will be needed in a truck. When my 454 fired up it sounds mean and ready to tear the rubber off my swampers. I would stick with a low RPM build up and simply make a torque monster out of it that is reliable and built to run all day long.

If your body is in perrty good shape now go ahead and get it cleaned up, first gens are great looking rigs.
    38" + BBC + D44 = ??POW BANG ZING DANG KAABOOOM?? mabye if you keep your foot from flooring the throttle you will be OK but 38"swampers are pushing the envelope on a D44. I am sticking with 35"SSR swampers as I too have a D44. My D44 is stuffed with CMoly axels and CTMs so I hope to have enough upgrades to keep from breaking. If I start breaking the D44 with my new BBC then I guess D60 will be my next step...

3. steve_kibbe

a dana 60 is in the plans, thanks for the input. I do believe I'll have a problem keeping my foot out of the carb though.:D

ps, when are we gunna get to hear a clip burt????:confused:

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Follow this link to see a couple of clips....

http://www.norcalbigdawgs.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=53013&highlight=#53013

The vids are in a strange .asf format. I had to download some codecs and fart around a little bit to get them to play, but they are funny (and cool) once you get them to play. You can hear "Drunk Guy" in the background pretty much the whole time.... :D

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thanks Greg...I forgot to post up here. I ened up getting perrty sick last week so I have been outof it ever sence. I am on my way to feeling better finally..

6. steve_kibbe

What and where did you get the codec's?? I can't get it to work

Thanks

Steve

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I remeber on my windows midea player it gave me the codec error and I clicked on "more info" or something like that wich redirected me out to microsoft's website with yet another link to a download site to update some Japaneese codec for Sharp...I think, anyway after that I was able to see the videos.

If you goto my new postup here, there is a link to the pictures taken too. In the picture post there is a very short video of my good friend telling us what he likes most in life:D

Good luck
    Burt

8. steve_kibbe