Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BBC V-Belt pics w/ AC

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rcamacho, Jan 10, 2006.

1. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Would someone post up some pics for me? I need some understanding of how the AC belt routing works (driver's side mount) with the PS pump as an idler.

2. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Heres how mine is on my 88 dually. I will try and see if I have a picture from a different angle if you need it.

Russ

TBI 489.jpg

454.jpg

3. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Thanks Russ. Are the brackets and accessories '87 vintage as well? Looks like one v-belt grove is unused on the wp/crank/ps - assume for air injection or other accessory?

4. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

The smog pump originally was under the alternator. I took the big combo alt/smog pump bracket off and replaced it with the smaller alternator only bracket that is on there now. Everything on the drivers side is the correct brackets for that era. The power steering pump pulley has three grooves, but only two were used. I couldn't tell you exactly how the smog pump belt was routed on this engine as I never ran it. I do know that it was on the lower passenger side though, and I am currently using all the grooves on the water pump and balancer pulleys.

Russ