Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS lift is TOO tall, need to pull a leaf... which one?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Dec 22, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    The rear is settling but the front is still standing tall. I have about 2-2.5" difference front to rear now (it use to be 1", which was not a big deal). If I was to pull a leaf on the front which one should I pull?

1 -of course I can't pull this one
    2 -I have read a couple posts saying pull the longest one on top
    5 -the shortest on bottom, if I pull this one would it make the springs more flexable?

I'm looking to drop the front down about an 1" (then I will put a 2" 4deg block in the rear (instead of the zerorate and 3deg shim -still need to measure this to be sure on the degree I need)
    (hey the poll option is gone? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

so which one? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I couldent tell ya.. but thats a clean looken truck btw are those 6in in front springs?

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Call their tech support. I've found them to be more than helpfull. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

can't be 6in,or mine are 8 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.wait and see if they settle more.what do you have in the rear? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    can't be 6in,or mine are 8 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.wait and see if they settle more.what do you have in the rear? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was suppost to be 4" all spring lift. The fronts came out to be 6.5" with the ORD shackles, the rear was exaclty 4" and I added the zerorate (before the lift all fender tops where 36.5" with a nice looking rake... after the lift the front was 42.5" and the rear 41.5" (it's now about 40.75")). The rear has settled about an inch so it looks like I'm drag racing sitting still and when I take off it looks/feels like the truck is about to pop a wheelie. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my brother had rear spring's built for his truck and it looked like he was driving down hill.jacked up in the rear like old hot rod's. my BDS front springs were 2in higher on the drivers side front.it's settleing.drive it and see what happens. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

yea.. they looked like 4in springs to me but I asked becuase in ur sig it say 6in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    yea.. they looked like 4in springs to me but I asked becuase in ur sig it say 6in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I figured 6" spring, .5" shackle, 1.25" Body lift and poly bushings I'm running close to 8" total over what it was less than a year ago, still feels tippsy to me. I'm going to order some 15x10 rims with a stock offset and rear spacers so hopefully that will make it feel a little wider. Even if I put a 2" 4deg block in the back it still wouldn't be level /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I would like a little bit of the rake back /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    drive it and see what happens. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its been on for three months and 2000 miles /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    I haven't had a good place to flex it out at yet /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you said all the fenders sat at the same height but it had a rake... rake means the rear sits higher than the front so how could the fenders be the same and the back sit higher at the sametime?

11. jjlaughner

the fender tops are not the same heigth on the front and back normally. Measure from the body line to the top of the wheel well opening in the front and back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

found two more pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

see what you mean, my k5 had a bigger rake than that, had an add a leaf in the back, sometimes I hated it and others I loved the look.

13. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I'd say pull #2 It seams to be the one doing most of the work.