Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS lift price!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by four_by_ken, Jul 19, 2001.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I called a local shop for a 8 inch BDS lift. 4 springs, u-bolts, shocks, pitman arm, transfercase drop. This was with a dual front shock kit not from BDS. They wanted a little over $1100. To me that is outrageous! What do you guys think?

I see a ShyJacker system, with rear springs that is, for $761 in the magazines. What gives here. I want the BDS, but I am not paying that much.

Ken H.

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I found that you have to shop around for the best price on BDS. I got an ecellent price from Ken's 4x4 here in MN. Solowookie ordered his BDS lift from the same place and they just had them dropped shipped from BDS to him in WY (I think that's right... doh brainfart [​IMG])

What shocks did you get? Stay away from BDS shocks IMO unless you like RS5000's. You figure the pitman arm is like $90, a steering arm is about $50... how big of drop are you going on the tcase? If it is only an inch just do the drop w/ the factory spacers... you can also easily fabricate a 2" drop from some new bolts and spacers from a hardware store... grade 8 of course. Thos systems usually only include springs and sometimes a steering arm... you'll need more stuff for an 8" lift... plus a 8" lift ain't cheap w/ the driveline angles. But call up Ken's 4x4 and ask for Dave or else I believe Sean was his name... well anyways Sean has a sweet K5 lifted up 8" suspension wise w/ a BBC some 39.5 boggers and some body lift too... sweet rig, But he was a great help to me. Dave also has a sweet lifted mud bogger blazer that is pictured on their web page http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I am going with the same thing and I dont have time to reply right now and my list is at home, but I have gotten the cheapest qoutes from anyone that I've heard. I'll reply in more detail when I get off of work, OK?

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea they drop shipped them to me straight from BDS. they shop treated me real well, and I'd definately buy from them again. capt. hooked me up real good!

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]