Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS Liftkits

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jwduke, Jul 29, 2003.

1. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Guys, I saw a post on here earlier, for reasonable prices, for BDS lift kits. I priced a 6" lift, with blocks, at Ultimate 4Wheel Accessories, in Omaha. They blew me away for $798. I asked them if this included installation, and the salesman just laughed! So I walked out the door. Was this price a little steep for a lift kit for a '87 Chevy? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

with blocks, yeh. My all spring BDS lift, 8 shocks, 10 yellow boots, 2 steering stabilizers, all the brackets, dropped steerin arm, extended hoses, was like $950 or $1000.

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I can get a 6" kit with blocks, shocks, and steering arm through a local shop for like $640. Sounds alot steep to me.

Kris

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

When I decided I wanted BDS springs, I went to their web-site and looked at their list of authorized dealers. Many of them have web-sites and prices listed. I live in TX and I bought a 6" all spring lift and springs form Elias 4WD for a lot less than you were quoted for springs and blocks. The deals are out there, you just have to do some shopping.

If you are interested in greasable busings, don't buy your new springs with bushings. I am not a fan of blocks, do a shackle flip or springs, don't spend money on stuff you have to re-do later.

5. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I gave $400 for my 4" BDS lift that came with rear blocks and a new steering arm. Of course, I wasted my money on everything but the springs because I decided to go 1-ton w/ a shackle flip before I ever even installed the lift.

Lance

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Guys, I saw a post on here earlier, for reasonable prices, for BDS lift kits. I priced a 6" lift, with blocks, at Ultimate 4Wheel Accessories, in Omaha. They blew me away for $798. I asked them if this included installation, and the salesman just laughed! So I walked out the door. Was this price a little steep for a lift kit for a '87 Chevy? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, that's the richboy shop out in Millard isn't it ?? They're way too high priced. There's alittle 4X4 shop about 71st. on Blondo there in Omaha that's alot more resonable on thier prices, you might want too swing by there. Another thing too consitter is ordering the parts from a internet site, or maybe one of the members here can hook you up. But anyways, once you have all the parts, if you can't do, or don't feel good about doing the install yourself, there are a sh*tload of smaller shops in the Omaha/Council Bluff's area that well install for you fairly cheap. Even the ma-n-pa places in the smaller towns can for fairly cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Isn't there a spring dealer here on CK5? My friend wants me to hook him up with a home grown lift (6" springs, Echobit flip, he loves mine!!)

8. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check out these guys. www.bucks4x4.com They are good friends of mine. Tell them that Kevin sent you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Check out these guys. www.bucks4x4.com They are good friends of mine. Tell them that Kevin sent you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Their website is down for updates...... Thanks for the help guys! I am thinking of going the route os a Tuff Country. They have free shipping & 15% off at JC Whitney. I can put the lift on my self, I just figured at the cost Ultimate quoted me, that had to include installation! Z3PR, I know about where that shop on Blondo is. Just can't think of the name of it!!!

10. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

One thing to remember about BDS is their Warranty. My son managed to warp a rear spring and it sagged 1.5" lower that the other side. BDS replaced both rear springs(you can't make a new and old spring settle the same), no questions asked.

11. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tuff Country. They have free shipping & 15% off at JC Whitney

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Dang...that sounds nice, where you find that..I didnt see it?
    I too am in the market for springs.
    Called a local distributor for 4" BDS today
    $210/pr for fronts plus $45 for bushings and U-bolts.

I think the TC come with bushings installed.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I love having JC Whitney right down the street...always free shipping!!