Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS or Tuff country????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Apr 12, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I have Rough country lift sprongs in the front and they ride like a tractor so I was wondering what is the better spring between tuff counry or BDS and I found the tuff country for $200.00 but I cant find the BDS springs does anyone know where I should look?? Thanks
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

BDS all the way baby. I full out jumped my rig this weekend (try'n to catch fred) and it landed so soft I didn't even bounce in the seat. As for where to get them there are only a few places on the web, check www.bds-suspension.com for a distributor near you.

3. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I go tuff country just b/c they are softer but its hard to beat that warrenty of bds

4. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

BDS, I have jumped my Jimmy numerous times, very soft landings. There is no better warranty out there than BDS's I warped a rear spring in a mud pit (along with shock mounts and an engine /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) So I contacted BDS, they gave me not one, but both new rear springs free. The warranty is that if you are the original owner that no matter what if there is anything wrong with your springs they will be replaced, no questions asked /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Oh and with 6" all spring lift, I could rub my 37's in the rear inner fenderwells. I have pics to prove it.

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and with 6" all spring lift, I could rub my 37's in the rear inner fenderwells. I have pics to prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

not that i dont belive you, but could you post them? i need some front springs..... mine ride like hell too... What do BDS's run? $$

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yeah I would like to know that too. The ez-rides are $200.00 but I cant find the BDS springs on the net. I am kindove leaning towards the BDS springs just because they have that awesome warranty. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Hey Josh, Gratteries (sp?) in Beaverton carries them. They run about $250 for a set of 4/6" front springs. I'll be getting them as soon as I can /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I have 6" BDS springs and a 3" body lift on my truck, and I can rub the fenderwells with my 38's. They flex really well, for a 6" spring (4" would probably flex better). Warranty can't be beat for the price you pay on the springs, and I doubt most people have to resort to that.

9. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

10. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

BDS front springs art 129$ each at jdsoffroad.

im havin trouble deciding between BDS and TC for a 6" lift also.

toughcountry is a bit cheaper. but i dont hear anything of a nice warranty from them.

11. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

According to the May issue of Fourwheeler, the Tuff Country warranty is "warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for life if purchased, installed and maintained on a non-commercial vehicle." - pg.48. Its not quite as no-nonsense as the BDS warranty, but still pretty good.

12. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

TC requires you to send the spring pack back (pricey on shipping and down time while in the mail) then they inspect it. BDS allows you to bring it to a BDS retailer and they will hand you a new one, done and over.