Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS or tuff country

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by durantk5, Apr 6, 2005.

1. durantk5

durantk5 Registered Member

which lift springs do you guys reccomend? BDS or tuff country? and where can i find the BDS lift? 6 inch lift. springs in the front and 4 inch shackle flip in the back and 3 inch springs to make up for the saggy butt.

2. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think both BDS and Tuff Country are both good. Personally I'd just call ORD and get everything you need.

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

jds was real cheap when i got my bds 6"

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

BDS gets my vote. I have TC's in my truck front and rear (4" front 6" rear). They are ok but I think BDS are better. My buddy Matt runs BDS on his truck and they ride better, flex just as well or better, and have a better warranty then my TC's.

Harley

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

BDS no BS warrenty, and i really like how they ride!!! 6in lift, smoother than my moms blazer(stock)

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I highly recommend JD's Off Road. Just ordered a boatload of BDS stuff from them :D

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

After wasting a bit of time on their website, I really hate it. Can't find what I'm looking for, the navigation is retarded. :crazy:

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Call them up then. Can't get down on them too much, they are Yankees after all.......................

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

as with all things its a compromise. I dont run either, but from years of following threads on these two... people who like BDS dig the no-BS replacement warranty and the price... people who dig TC dig their soft-ness. I have heard some people complain about TCs sagging when the get old. Like I said, never had them so take it for what its worth. Personally, I like no-BS lifetime guarentees... so I'd go BDS.

j

11. scubahard

scubahard Registered Member

The one issue that makes BDS a little bit more difficult than Tuff Country when wanting to add a shackle flip is that the smallest spring BDS makes for the rear is 4". So, you really can't have a 4" lift with BDS springs and a Shackle filp. Or even a 6" lift. Most rigs sag in the butt so it is harder to have a custom size lift with BDS and shackel flip. Obviously there are ways around this (zero rates, add-a-leafs). I am thinking about going with either of these companies. Not sure yet.

12. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yet another vote for BDS. I have never ridden in a truck with tuff country springs, and I have heard good things about them, but I can say that I have BDS springs on my truck and I am very happy with them. They ride nice, flex great, and have a no questions asked lifetime guarantee. If they ever sag or break or do anything that they arent supposed to do, BDS will send you new springs, period. Another plus is that you are in greensboro. I live in greensboro too. I got my bds springs from a shop called tarheel 4wd right down the road in charlotte. They were $98 per spring pack. If you need help with installing the lift, or ever need help working on your truck, im in the same city so I would be glad to lend a hand. Where exactly in greensboro do you live? You should come wheeling with me and my bro sometime. Actually, im going to uwharrie on april 30th if you want to join me. Or we should at least get together and talk trucks or something. Its cool that there is a new ck5er in my city.
    -Harrison

13. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

14. durantk5

durantk5 Registered Member

yeah dude i go wheeling all the time. i wont be able to go on the 30th because im going to school at app right now and have an exam that day. (the wheeling up here is awesome) my last day of exams is may 4th. i would really like to check out that place in charlotte. i also need someone who has experience with putting a life in. im doing that this summer along with an axle swap and so on. email me at ns67657@appstate.edu i definantly needed someone in my area with a little bit of k5 knowledge. i live in the northwest highschool district near colfax and sumerfield. thanks a lot.
    Nick

15. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

all the people stating tuff country is softer overlook the fact that the spring is adjustable 15 different ways.... depending on what leaves you wanna remove

16. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Tork, are you voting for BDS or TCs?

17. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Don't remove any is what I say. I removed 1 leaf from my 6" rear TC EZ Rides and the first run out I bent both mainleaves and some of the other leaves in both spring packs.

I reinstalled the leaves I took out and I bent those leaves now too. So if your keeping score 3 out of 4 main leaves are bent and some of my intermediate leaves in the rear packs are bent.

All my springs are Tuff Country. 4" EZ-HD's in the front and 6" EZ's out back.

Harley

18. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

my vote is for the bds...
    i took out the 3rd leaf down about 2 years ago.
    thats in the front.

my rears are just stock 63's