Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS ride report - thats right got the thing back today

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Jun 8, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

OK, got my rear disk brake conversion done, and got the new extended drive shafts back... let me tell you I really like it! [​IMG]

my shocks were hammered, my front springs were warped etc. and I think the K5 rides better then it did before. I took it on about a 10 mile dirt road that was pretty rough, and it seemed to loosen up more all the time. I think a month on these springs will make that thing ride MUCH better then the stock setup (mind you the stock setup was REALLY hammered).

I'll post pics tomorrow after I get the thing cleaned up with the center caps and everything...

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I also got my first ride in w/ the BDS lift today... finally got my driveshaft... couldn't go too far cause I messed up the proprtion valve so I gotta center it tomarrow and get some decent brakes LOL

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Let us know how the ride is once you drive it a little more, thnks. You to Mikey. Thanks

4. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

What's the spring rate on BDS? Did you get the 4" or 6"?

Stuck is a state of mind!

Mudstud
    76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked

5. solowookie

oh I have no idea what the spring rating is, but that seems to be subjective anyway... I got the 4" lift, but I gotta tell ya a 4" BDS lift is NOT equal in height to most 4" lifts... LOL

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Capt. went with the 6".

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I really love the ride... now just have to sort out some new hassles that aren't lift related, just timed to murphy's law LOL. I can't say how happy I am w/ the ride quality... The BDS shocks are fine... nothing special. Rancho 9000's or Trailmaster SSV's might be a bit better, but i love the springs... 200 times better then my worn stock springs!!! Two thumbs up after driving it today.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

8. solowookie

man I can't tell you how MUCH I like the way this thing rides. This was a BIG improvement over the stock ride.

I took a LONG ride in the mountains over all sorts of terrain. Thing thing is even smother off-road then it is on road. Absolutley the best ride off-road I've had.

I took this over some seriously rough roads that were long. I'd wager you I put a whole lotta wear on those springs today as far as break in is concerned, and it just gets smoother all the time.