Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS &saggy butt.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fr8train, Sep 27, 2000.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Do the BDS lifts get past the .5" allowance for rear end sag?

2. The weight of the top causes the saggy-but.If you want to get rid of it you have two choices,take the factory top off and get a softtap for the rear or get a 1" lift blok for the rear when you buy your lift springs.
    Good luck

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Thanks man, I have been plagued by this for a while now. I do take the top off once and while and never really notice the difference. Its the times I am following the truck or somone else is driving it, I notice. I have a Ruff country lift now and will be replacing it with the BDS and a shackle flip.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The truck may be more level than it appears. the back of the shell is not as tall as the front. To see if the truck is level either get it on level gound and check for level at the bottom of the rocker or measure from the bottom of the rocker at the front an rear. A good bit of the "saggy butt" is an optical illusion. Mine looks low but it's sitting level and sits a bit high with the top off.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

The optical illision is enhanced by the fact that the front wheel openings are cut 2" higher than the rears. To me, a better determing factor for levelness is the body line that runs from the front quarter panel all the way back to the back end of the truck. If this is level you still have more space above the front wheel than you do above the back. If you level up the wheel openings, the back of the truck actually looks pretty high. It looks pretty good to compromise between the two. The body line will be an inch higher in the back and the wheel opening will be an inch higher in the front, but no funny car look and no saggy butt.

'85 JIMMY
    '90 paint/grill/trim 5"susp 33/12.5/16.5
    Fresh 350 B&M '87 TH700