Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS springs too stiff?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GRAYTEXK5, Jul 24, 2004.

1. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

I talked to a local off-road shop the other day, and was asking about BDS springs...and he says he tries to stay away from them now, because they have gotten to be really rough riding. I know their springs are supposed to be some of the softest, other than TC...but has anyone bought springs from them lately, to know if this is true or not? I was going to buy these to get some flex, and obviously, for the warranty. but if their quality has gone down, I may just go with TC after all. has anyone else heard this? thanks.

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i have a six inch BDS lift,and i can shake the truck by hand and the suspension moves,but driving is like a fork lift. no suspension. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Really????? I thought BDS were the softest ride a guy could have /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif As far as buying springs off the shelf /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you know that could be cuz there is no weight in the rear?? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. I have 4" BDS springs front and rear on my Suburban and it rides very nice. I have had rough country springs before and they would beat you to death. Its like night and day with the BDS. I bought them December 03 and if anything, they are a little softer now that their broke in.

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I have a tall 4" BDS lift and 35's... rides like a log wagon (rough and bouncy at the same time). Yet when we went out the other night I put the tire into the rear of the front fender easily.

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I have ridden in many lifted trucks with many different lift springs, and I think my 4" BDS ride the best. Of course they are gonna be rough like a lift spring, but I was actually surprised at how well they ride. They also flex a ton better than almost any other off the shelf spring. Plus, you cannot beat their warranty, period. I extremely recommend BDS springs, and so do many many people on this site. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison

8. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I've got 6" BDS springs on my '74 K10, with a 3" body lift and 38" TSL's, I can still stuff those 38's into the sheet metal with no problem (I had to do some trimming!). That's an indication she flexes pretty well. I feel that my truck rides nicer than any other lifted truck I've ever been in, so I'm happy with the ride quality. I think I bent one of the front springs, so I'm currently looking into warranty claim. I'm not sorry I bought BDS!

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have 4" BDS front and back,and love the ride. I can stuff my rear tires in the wheel wells. The only thing that sucks is that they are so soft, my girlfriends boobs don't jiggle as much when I hit a bump /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

BTW I had Procomp before (they suck)

10. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

well, I know their springs are supposed to be really soft, and ride nice....I was just wondering if anyone had bought some recently, to see if what the guy said was true. but it sounds like none of you are having any problems with them, so...I'll probably go ahead and get them. thanks for the replies. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif