Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevBlazin, Mar 28, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

There has been a lot of talk lately about springs and spring rates. I have not heard anyone talk about BDS springs. Are they still in business? Does anyone have these, and how do they ride? I was considering replacing my pro comps with the ez-ride tuff countrys, but have heard about peoples saging unevenly over time. People like the BDS springs??

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I've got BDS front & rear... I absolutely love the ride.

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I have riddin in a truck with a 6" BDS lift. It rode a little rough, but not as bad as Pro-comps. Tuff Country's EZ-rides are the best for ride quality. They also have a lifetime warranty on them, so send them back when they sag unevenly.

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

My 5.5"s should be here any day now......

5. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure about the BDS springs, but I like my rear 6" Tuff Country's. They ride and flex great.

Will

6. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Dan

Not to arguementative /forums/images/icons/wink.gif but I can't possibly imagine BDS springs being called rough in ANY way! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif. I know I haven't driven mine yet but I have the front & rear 5.5" BDS springs mounted up on my Blazer & if anything; I'm afraid they're going to be TOO soft!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

With the rear fully loaded; I can make it bounce VERY easily. Plenty of give in them. The fronts are a little stiffer but still flex quite easily at the push of my hand. I had it twisted up last night testing some suspension flex & shackle angles, etc & the rear spring nearly flattened out! The only thing that stopped it was that the rear shackle (flipped) was too short & let the spring eye go into the frame. Time for longer shackles I guess!

Anyway; like I said; no road test yet (or for a while /forums/images/icons/frown.gif) but from "garage" testing; man they're soft! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I went from 4" ProComp to 6" BDS and the BDS gives a much better ride than the ProComp. I would also have to add that greasable bushings and 9012's also added to the better ride.

8. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I have the BDS up front on mine and really like them. They ride nice and as mentioned also flex well. And BDS also has a lifetime warranty.

9. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Derf

I've got full greaseable poly bushings from ORD as well as the RS9012's too! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Just doesn't make alot of difference sitting there in the garage unfinished! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif LOL!!

Good to hear that it'll improve the ride though when I do finally get to hit the road!

10. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

i have the 4" front BDS springs and am very happy withthe ride.
    Just waiting to save enough $ for the rear ones

11. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I have BDS on the front and back of mine too. They work very well and ride better than the factory springs. If they ever break or sag, you can replace them for free. BDS has a lifetime no questions asked warrenty.

12. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Brian - they will be a little bouncy until you get them broke in a bit, but one you use them a little that bound will go way and you will be an EXTREMELY happy man with the ride! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

13. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I also have BDS springs... have had them for quite a while. I think Jeff got his around the time I got mind or a little while after. I think there was only one other guy that I knew of who was using them here and that was Shawn. On his high recopmendation I fished around riding in numerous Chevy trucks and found a Jeep with BDS springs to double check. After riding in about everything, I felt BDS was by far the best overall. Skyjacker softriders were also pretty nice if you like a bit bouncer. Superlift superrides rode about the same as BDS, but they sag like a 90 year old grandma's triceps. BDS will sag a little for you, but are they settle right as advertised. I have the 5.5's and they are right there. Skyjacker seems the next best that I found in my research for sag.

14. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Go for it! I installed 6" BDS front springs, add-a-leaf rear, BDS shocks, ORD front shackles and greasable bushings last fall. I am extremely pleased with the quality of ride, flex, handling, and everthing. When the weather warms up, I plan on an ORD shackle flip and new 2" BDS springs for the rear too. I like the "free replacement" warranty too, because I have broken the front leaf springs of other manufacturers. The only thing I might change out are the BDS shocks for some Rancho's.

15. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

yeah those BDS shocks suck... just like most lift brand shocks with kits.. My 9000's are finally on the way

16. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Brian, I am not saying they are stiff, but I am just use to the super soft ride of my TC ex-rides. I actually think the TC are a little too stiff for me now that I removed at least 500 pounds. Still rides like a car, but not a caddy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

17. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Got 4" BDS springs up front, stock F150's in the rear. RS9012's all 'round. Love 'em. I'd like a bit more flex out of them, but I can live with that 'cause changing them would likely mean cutting back on ride quality.

--Rob
    www.exaxt.ca

18. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i've got the 4 inch front and rear and i love them only problem is is that used their shocks....i'm gonna get the new pro comp adjustables soon though.....

19. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bds-suspension.com>www.bds-suspension.com</a>

<font color=orange>A buddy of mine has 6" BDS springs and they ride great.</font color=orange>

20. bigblue86

bigblue86 Registered Member