Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nicotine, Jan 12, 2004.

1. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

were is the best place to order front 4 inch BDS springs and what do they run? next week i plan to order ORD rear shackle flip and some new front springs and i would love to hear some input on the best shocks up front?

this is my first time on fourm looks like it is a good one.

/forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif is a 77 silverado swb
    400sb w/ extra's
    dana 44 up front and 12b in rear
    4 speed manual w/granny low & np205 t-case
    33 12.5 tires
    and currently add-a-leafs for suspension /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    also headers and full mandreal bent flowmaster exhaust

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Depends where you are located. Go to their website and look up the retailer in your area or close to you. Those springs are awsome and they are serious about that warranty. I paid $130 ea I think.

3. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

i am looking for a place on the web and i live in bend, Oregon

4. trukman1

trukman1 1/2 ton status

nicotine, be sure to check out the rear spring height! I ordered front and rear four to eliminate blocks then when I assembled everything the rear sat a couple inches low. Turns out BDS said the factory '67-72 trucks came with 2" blocks in the rear and I was supposed to retain those (which I believe the stock 3/4 ton did) but it doesn't help if your truck doesn't still have them or you didn't know it to start with. When I called the store where I ordered the springs (in Columbus, OH) they said it was BDS's mistake and BDS blamed the shop saying they should have known. End result is the shop wanted a small fortune to exchange so I now have 2" blocks on the rear springs. If I'd have known, I'd have ordered the rear springs 2" higher than the front! You need to seriously check this out. As for the springs, they seem to be quality springs. BDS claims they only sell through off-road specialty shops to insure professional installations!?! Better be sure you know what to order or have a shop that is better than the one I purchased through. Just a heads up although I have to reiterate the springs seem to be top quality. Good Luck! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I got mine at www.jdsoffroad.com they were 90 a spring without bushings. Shipping was cheap and fast but they are located only 1 state from me in new york.

6. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

That's front springs correct? Anyone know what JD's charges for rear BDS Springs, lookin for some 4" ones.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif