Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Mar 8, 2004.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Nov 10, 2003
    After a few people replied to my earlier posts about recommended suspesions, I found a BDS dealer relatively close, ~150 miles. I emailed him for a kit and price. Heres how the shop relied:

"Cost would be $995 for the kit
    which includes the following...

Front Springs
    Front Box Kit
    Rear Springs (52")
    Rear Box Kit
    Steering Arm
    TCase Drop Kit
    Front Shocks
    Rear Shocks
    5/8" x 3 5/8" x 10" U Bolts"

This includes about everything I need but is priced considerably more than a similar ProComp kit that I can get in town ($785). I have yet to get a email back from ORD about a TC, kit. The BDS price looks a little steep from my perspective. Do they typically run this high? I think that ORD will give me a price lower than both.... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
  2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Sep 9, 2001
    They are typically more, but you do get a lifetime warranty on teh springs, if they start saggin, send em back and get new. Dont know if tc does that or not. You may get him down to $900 if he feels like haggling. But thats probably what its gonna be w/ shocks included. Mine was a right at that price w/ dual shocks all around and dual steerin stabilizers.
  3. I paid $798 with 56" rear springs, and minus the tranfer case drop hardware as my transfer case had the 1" spacers already. This is from a shop in Missouri.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

May 19, 2001
    get ur u-bolts made at a local spring shop... dt8403 shocks from summit, a 4" shack flip, BDS springs from JDsoffroad.com, steering chit from ck5'ers who are going x-over. presto, you're set.