Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS vs. other

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cvblazer, Dec 10, 2002.

1. cvblazer

cvblazer Registered Member

Me and my dad have decided to improve my 84 k5. We got a 14 bolt and put a locker in it and put a truetrac in a front 10 bolt. We have also decided its time for a 6" lift, with rear springs instead of blocks. I want BDS but my dad is skeptical about BDS because he has heard nothing of them and they arent advertised in any reputable magazines as far as he knows. He wants a ProComp lift. We often go to hollister hills, and it would be a daily driver. So the question is: Would paying slightly more for a 6" BDS with rear springs be better than a 6" Procomp with rear springs? Aslo, My dad doesnt understand how the transfercase drop works on the BDS Kit, can someone explain?

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Procomp is stiff as a motherfawker. Tuff Country EZ rides would be my go. BDS is also good. Also for tcase drop.. its the same for every lift i THINK... you just get spacers. Somone else can expand more on that.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Tell your dad to just look at the BDS warrenty. You are right when you said you don't see BDS advertized alot but hey when you make a great product that people know about why waste the money on advertizing. I have a post over in the Garage forum you might want to check out.

4. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Ive seen the bds lifts in some of the mags..been a while but they said they really liked them and road very well.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Have your dad look at this: BDS </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

This unique warranty proves our commitment to the quality and reliability of every product we make.

If you are the original purchaser of any BDS product and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

6. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

well i have heard good things of BDS, mostly on j@@ps tho. i know a guy w. it on his blazer and he likes it.
    i have rough country, i personally like it, however like its name, its a little rough, but i like it.

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have Procomp springs now,but have a new set of BDS springs goin on in the very near future. I would stay away from Procomp they are stiff.

8. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had Superlift springs, I changed to the BDS springs and I like them alot. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Plus you can't beat the warranty!!