Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDS where, how much $$$?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fr8train, Sep 21, 2000.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I know a few folks here are running this suspension kit. I am interested in buying the 5.5" kit and using a shakle reverse kit w/ the 2" rear springs. How much did you guys pay for it? Should I go to a distributor or go to the factory? Is this kit really worth me changing out my existing 6" tuff country lift?

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Drew

Haven't bought it yet but that's the suspension I'm going with! You just can't beat that warranty! And having talked with Shawn Spickler and BDS, the springs sound good too. I got a price from a Canadian distributor of $450 ($304 US) for the rear springs and $285 ($192 US) for the fronts. That was from YJ Enterprises in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Talk to Henrik, He seems like a good guy to deal with.

Brian
    89KBlazer

3. I'm runing a BDS 4" lift on mine,these are truly very good products.Mine are also very flexy and ride very well.Shop around there are a few people who sell them.I bought mine
    locally,I talked to two locall dealers on lifts and they both recomend BDS products plus the waranty is great.If you role it flip it wreck it no prob you may not have any thing else but the springs will be replaced!!!LOL
    Good luck.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

4. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

You can go to http://www.bds-suspension.com to find a local dealer and save on shipping (this stuff is heavy). I bought the front springs (5.5 inch) locally for $91 a piece, the front end kit which includes u-bolts/bushings/brakeline extensions/shims/etc for $43 and $50 for some rear u-bolts and 2.5 blocks. I'm running all of this with a custom shackle flip, stock half ton rear springs, and I love it...

<font color=red>~BigBurban</font color=red>
    http://www.geocities.com/crash607

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the responses. I checked the local dealers on the site for MD and they want way to much for a kit. I just wanted to know what everyone away from MD was getting for the springs. BigBurb do you still have the number for the store you got yours from? Thanks again guys!!!!

6. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

Yeah, here's where I got mine...

East Valley Truck Acc. 1286 W. Apache Trail, Apache Junction, AZ 85220 480-671-5700

Ask for Chris and tell him that Roger (The local guy with the Suburban and goofy u-bolts) sent ya. I doubt it'll getcha a price break or anything, but I've got a pretty good rapore with him. Good luck man! [​IMG]

<font color=red>~BigBurban</font color=red>
    http://www.geocities.com/crash607

7. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

does anyone know the part number for the BDS 2 Inch rear springs? i couldnt find it on the website.

matt

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

8. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

c'mon, i know someone knows this PN.....

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

9. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Shaggy

I don't think they make the 2" springs for a Blazer.[​IMG] If they did, I would be going with a 2" spring and shackle flip instead of 6" rear springs.

Brian
    89KBlazer

10. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

I got quoted something like 350.00 bucks for a 4 inch kit (2 springs, blocks, steering arm and hardware) this doesn't even include shocks or shipping. This price is rather high...............I think! Am I wrong?????

Blazin' in TEXAS!