Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bds ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by digity, May 11, 2005.

1. digity

digity 1/2 ton status

Ok, from what I understand BDS is probably about as good as it gets (by most peoples opinions). But is it to flexy for a daily driver? I'm getting ready to do 6"lift w/3/4axle swap will be DD and towing a boat mostly but do plan to wheel it, mud and trails no rocks. I've had a toyota before and know how fun/addicting wheeling can be. The truck will start off as a streetqueen but I have a feeling it'l head in the other direction in due time. Any opinions, main concern is how it handles on street. Thx in advance. :cool1:

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I had Procomp before my current BDS springs.and love them. They have a soft caddy feel to them. I also don't run a sway bar. You just have to watch your speed in the corners. ;) Also highway driving can be a fulltime job in the wind. :crazy:

3. callmewaylon

callmewaylon Registered Member

I've got 2.5" BDS springs on the front of my '82 K25 and it is not wallowy at all. In fact it handles pretty good. The ride wasn't as good as I expected, but it think that is beacause they made the springs too short and my shackle angle stinks.