Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BDU size Q

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Sep 6, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'm looking at some on EBAY.ca (BDU's)

they come in many sizes to chose from.

I'm looking at medium or large

large is 35" to 39"

and

medium is 31-35"

My question is I have a waist size around 32-34. But SOON I plan on getting heavy into shape with weights so I'm expecting to get bigger. Should I get large and use a belt until I fill in. Or get the medium and hope I can still fit in later?

Also, how do they adjust 5" in the waist?

Right now I buy either a 34" or 36" pants/shorts just because I like them loose so I can wear a belt. but also so I can use them until they don't hold together by the seams anymore.

HELP

2. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

actually, you probaly won't get much bigger in the waist. That's the way it's always been explained to me anyway....if you are getting in shape and gaining weight, but your waist stays the same or gets smaller, you are doing good, if you are putting on inches in the waist, you're eating too much. You may gain a little of you are really working you abs hard and puttting some muscle mass on them, but I don't know if it would be enough to warrant buying bigger pants.

as far as the adjustable, waist, there are usually a 3 or 4 inch long tab on each side that uses a little metal thing like on a tie-down that you adjust to make the waist tighter or looser. Someone else can probaly explain that better than me.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

We he said is right. If you buy pants in the 34-36 range and you want thme loose then buy the 35-39 ones. You will be at thetop end of no adjustment with the smaller ones

So, how much you paying for these :thinking: I know I have several of my old pair that have faded slightly that I could part with for the right price :D I use them for hunting or just messing around outside

Let me know

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Bryan, what size are they? How faded are they?

I was just looking on ebay, they go for 20+ american bucks from what I am seeing.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I don't know if they'll fit you, but I have a couple sets of real authentic U.S. Air Force BDU's in my closet somewhere you can have if you pay for shipping... They're pretty much in mint condition, they've been dry cleaned two or three times each, and never worn in the dirt or anything... I'll try and see if I can find them to get sizes and what not... I should have two sets if I remember right :D

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Are they olive drab or camo or what Carl?

Get me some info on the size:) thanks

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

They're just your standard woodland camo issued at AF Basic Training... I went to return them like I was told and they told me to keep them... So I converted one into a Civil Air Patrol uniform that hasn't been worn in 6 months... The other three, well they're in my closet somewhere... If I haven't lost anything, I should have two sets of winter weight and one of summer.

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Alright... I'll just give you the info from the set I have that I'm keeping. The others are the same size:

Shirt:
    small-long
    Height: from 71 to 75
    Chest: from 33 to 37
    NATO Size: 8090/8494

Pants:
    small-regular
    Waist: 27 to 31 in.
    Inseam: 29-1/2 to 32-1/2 in.
    NATO size: 7583/6979

I'm not sure what that makes it in relation to the numbers you posted...... Just what the tag says...

The pants were a little tight on me for the first week or so... Like before I lost that dang belly fat that now haunts me again :)

I'll continue my search... I have an idea of where they are, I just have to get to that corner, and into the right OD duffel bag :haha:

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

If the others are the same size its a no go. 31 maximum is way to small. thanks though

10. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

all the ones I have are the 35-39 waist and long. Not sure what the length numbers are. I think it fits 71-75" tall. If you are just wanting pants, I'll sell you 2 pair for $20 + the shipping of course. The fading isn't terrible, just light than I like for my uniforms and there is nothing wroing with them. I'll take some pics later tonight

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey Stave, special bonus, thy were worn my a big muscley tough dude! Maybe it'll rub off! :D

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Would you be okay with a money order? I'm still figureing out paypal so I dont have anymoney with that, and I dont know if you have paypal.
    Pictures would be great, and do you have any idea on the weight for shippingwould be?

thanks Bryan.

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

TTT for reference...