Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Be Careful on the Roads People

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shane, Oct 19, 2001.

1. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

Just a note to let all you boys and girls in the northern area to be careful on the roads, winter is coming and sometimes it sneaks up on you. We just responded to a F250 that had a head on collision with a Dodge Omni at highways speeds. Apparently the roads were just cold enough to start icing up. So anyways... Be friggin careful, when any of you come though my neck of the woods I want to meet you over a beer, not a stretcher.

Shane

Never argue with idiots; They will drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience [​IMG]

2. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Good advice Shane, and I will take it to heart. Have been up in your part of the country and just love it. Wish I could see it in the winter sometime.

A good firm grip is my idea of gun control!

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah. People need to take it easy.
    I commute on a bad strech of I-80. I usually see at least 1 dead man a year going to and from work. There are white crosses all along the way.[​IMG]
    It is a graphic remindrer to be careful. Most of these wrecks result from people faling asleap at the wheel or driving way to fast in the snow. Every winter I see a lot of vehicles who have lost it and rolled. And It is usually a Lifted 4x4 or a SUV that was driving way too fast. It is amazing many times a vehicle will roll at 75 mph it scatters things everywhere, including people. So Slow Down and Buckle Up

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=blue>NEVADA: Where the pavement ends, and the West begins.</font color=blue>