Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BE COOL RADIATOR QUESTION

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, May 7, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I was looking at the 31x19GM UNIVERSAL aluminum radiator from BE COOL. I was wondering it has the built in tranny cooler like the origional. I was thinking of this radiator with a few electric fans would be a pretty nice set up BTW will 2 electric fans kill a battery with a stock alternator?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Electric fans/electric fans really is going to depend on how you drive. If its a lot of street driving, with little traffic, *maybe* you'll be fine.

The fans shouldn't be on when you are moving, especially with an AL radiator, plus the alternator output will be higher than at idle as well. If you get bogged down in traffic, or spend a lot of time wheeling, a higher amp alternator may be in order, and more likely than not, if the fans are any good, a requirement.

Personally I don't like any "universal" fit parts (so far) and the be cool's I've seen haven't changed my mind. Draincocks in the wrong spot, mounting locations totally different, and so on.

If you look around, I'm thinking you might be able to find an AL radiator made for our trucks. Don't think I ever found one when I looked a year or two ago, but you'd think by now someone has decided to make them.