Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Be thankful for something

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SkulzNBonz, Nov 23, 2004.

1. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Read this on Foxnews this morning.

Be Thankful for Something ...
    No matter what you do for a living, no matter how hard or stressful you believe your job is, remember the hard work you put in to get where you are today, and remember that there are others out there working a heck of a lot harder, for a heck of a lot less.
    Be thankful for your little cubicle. Be thankful for the boss who rides you hard, because what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Be thankful for the trash man, the police officer, the snow-plows and the grocery store clerk — because those are tough jobs that somebody has to do. Be thankful if you have one of those jobs, and be thankful if you don't.
    Be thankful for that turkey you'll devour on Thursday, and the football game on the tube.
    I'm even thankful to Citibank for approving my home equity loan. It'll be nice to consolidate those bills.
    Be thankful knowing that you are always trying your best, whether it be at work or at home mowing the lawn or washing the dishes, being a good wife or husband, mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter. Give thanks to yourself for going that extra mile for the people you love.
    And most of all be thankful for the soldiers, sailors, Marines and airmen who put their lives on the line, so we can enjoy everything about the United States of America.
    They won't be home with their families for Thanksgiving. Remember that. And oh, by the way — God bless America.
    By Mike Straka, FOXNews

John

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This morning I dropped my mother off at the airport. She'll be in Florida for a week. I am very thankfull that she'll be there annoying my sister instead of here annoying me, LOL.

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I'm thankful that Kerry isn't our new President
    I'm thankful for our men and women in the armed forces
    I'm thankful for my my wife and family
    I'm thankful for friends

Oh, and I'm thankful for RJ's ranting and raving on a pure morbid entertainment level /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am thankful for my wife , everything else you could take away , but I cannot life without her /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

I want to thank Jim Beam......Thanks Jim /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

The author is bang on. I just went through a spell where I was pissed off at how my life was going- although I'm doing fine financially and have a good job, I figured I could be doing even better. After sitting back and taking a hard look at everything I've accomplished, I've come to the conclusion that 95% of the world would kill for my way of life.

If you live in North America, have a roof over your head, and have food on the table every night, remember that you are living better than 4 BILLION of the world's population......... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif