Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Beach and tire question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djm, Mar 25, 2000.

1. djm

djm Registered Member

Is it stupid to drive on the beach with standard tires? I'd hate to deflate and inflate them every time I go on the beach. Of course I'd hate to get stuck even more. The tires are standard size, 235/85/16 I think.
    Dan

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Well its a matter of if you want to get around or not, soft sand needs a large footprint hence the air down, hard wet sand regular pressure, convert a a/c compressor to manage the air up/down problems...White Knight

3. PHIL80K5

PHIL80K5 Newbie

MY GENERAL RULE IS TO REMOVE THE VALVE STEM AND WHEN THE VALVE STARTS TO WHISTLE REPLACE THE STEM. WHAT BEACH DO U PLAN ON GOING TO?

4. djm

djm Registered Member

Island Beach State Park and Seaside park. IBSP has air at the entrance so it's very convenient (but you gotta pay to get on the beach). I'll probably buy a small air compressor that plugs into the cigaretter lighter.

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

As a side note, most of the small compressors that plug into a cigarette lighter will take almost forever to inflate aired down truck tires.